Chapter 31

estou cansada. (portuguese skills for the win, sou muito bom em falar portugues)

*******

Chapter 31

It was official. Ronan was going to stay with us. He was to sleep in the guest bedroom upstairs and spend time with us as if we were his real family. My dad was a little cautious at first, but generally learned that Ronan and I are basically siblings now.

"Viv," Ronan came into my room as I sat in bed on my phone, texting Ryan.

"Yeah?" I asked, not taking my eyes off of the screen.

"Can I borrow your car?" he asked, and I looked up at him.

"For what?" I replied with a question, intent on not giving him the keys to my car.

"I want to go to this party tonight, and--" Ronan began, but I cut him off.

"Nope, no way. No more parties for you," I commanded, and his eyes widened.

"Stop being ridiculous, Vivian, just give me the keys," he begged, walking over to my bed. I looked up at him and glared.

"If you think you can get away with whatever, you can't," I informed him, and he lay back on my bed.

"So what do I do instead? It's Saturday," he sighed.

"Well, I'm going to church tonight, you could come with me," I offered, and he shook his head.

"I'll be waiting for you when you get home," he smiled, but I didn't take no for an answer.

"You can drive," I offered, and he smiled.

"How do you know I won't drive the both of us to that party?" he teased, and I scoffed.

"I'd knock you out if you even tried," I raised an eyebrow, and Ronan lifted his hands in surrender.

"Okay, fine, when are we going?" he asked, and I smiled.

"3 hours," I told him, and Ronan sighed and flopped down on the bed.

' ' '

From: Ryan

You awake??

I checked the time on my phone. Midnight? Why is he texting me?

To: Ryan

Now I am.

From: Ryan

Good!

To: Ryan

What's going on?

From: Ryan

I'm outside. Meet me ASAP.

I tried my best to slip on a sports bra under my pajamas with my eyes half-open. I tried my best to brush my teeth to get the taste of saliva out of my mouth. I crawled out of my window with my flip flops on and ran in the cool of the summer night to the front of my house where Ryan was waiting for me in his white car.

I got in the passenger seat, sighing as I sat down. I heard soft guitar music playing throughout his car and I felt calmed. "So where are we going?"

"It's a surprise. You can sleep on the ride there," Ryan kissed my forehead, and I didn't fight it. I curled up in a ball and slowly fell asleep. I guess I was half-asleep, because I recall opening my eyes a few times to watch Ryan drive for a few seconds before sleep took over again. "Open your eyes, love."

I stretched my legs and sat up. I looked out of the windows to see straight field around us.

"You didn't bring me out here to kill me, did you?" I asked Ryan, moving into his arms after he pulled the key out of the ignition. Ryan chuckled slightly, and I felt the vibration of the laughter in his chest.

"No, I didn't. Come with me," Ryan grabbed my hand and led me out of the car. He told me to wait at the hood while he opened up the small trunk and pulled out two large blankets. He lay one on top of the hood and helped me up to sit on it, and then he got up next to me. Ryan took the second blanket he had brought and put it around us. "Look up."

A billion bright stars looked back at me, and I was amazed at their beauty. I could feel Ryan's eyes on me, and I liked it that way. I never really lost feelings for him, even after he moved an hour away from all of us.

"It's gorgeous, Ryan," I whispered, turning to smile at him. He blushed and looked away.

"I knew you had always wanted to go stargazing, so I decided to fulfill your wish with you and pay you a visit at the same time. I've missed you. How's Cal and Crystal and everyone?" Ryan rambled on, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. It's something he does when he gets nervous.

"Cal and Crystal are still together. Ronan lives with me now, he's stopped being such a jerk," I sighed, and Ryan laughed at what I had said. There was something about his laughter that was so contagious.

"What?" I asked, curious about his intentions for laughing. Ryan chuckled for a few seconds before answering.

"Ronan not being a jerk? Who thought we'd live to see the day," Ryan winked, so I was the one to blush this time around.

"You look good," I blurted out, and I could see he was very happy with what I had told him.

"Really? I stopped wearing those geeky glasses," he pointed out, and I realized that he was wearing contacts. I don't know why I didn't really see it, I guess because I was so sleepy.

"And I haven't changed whatsoever," I shrugged, being completely honest. I turned to look back up at the wonderous stars. Ryan moved a few strands of hair from my face and tucked them behind my ear. He kept his hand there, and I closed my eyes briefly.

"I think that's a very good thing, Vivian," Ryan replied, and I looked back to him. I noticed him gazing at my lips and I couldn't help but do the same to him. Our faces inched closer together until our lips touched. I felt myself shiver from a cool breeze, and Ryan pulled away and got off of the car. He held his hand out for me to grab. Are we leaving already, I thought.

Ryan placed the blanket on the ground instead, and I knew what he was trying to do. It wasn't a sexual gesture, he was just trying to make us more comfortable. The two of us made ourselves comfortable on the blanket, and he placed the blanket over us to cuddle. I pulled his body as close to mine as possible and rested my head on his chest. He tilted my chin up to him to kiss me again.

Our gentle kiss was so slow. A part of me wanted to keep it this way but another part of me wanted to be more rough. I was desperate for the sweet taste of his lips, but I masked it well. I didn't want him to freak out or anything. Pretty soon, Ryan was hovering over me, his lips attached to mine as lovingly as he had before. He cupped his fingers under my chin as he always used to.

his other hand twirled my short strands of hair in his fingers, his elbows rested on the ground. And together, I could tell it was real.

*********

hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :) it was kind of scattered and awkward so i'll try to write a better one after this :) oh and i wanted to post a picture of how vivian is kind of supposed to look with short hair. so i know briana looks like ginnifer goodwin in a way (ehh) so there's a picture of ginnifer on the side :)

Love,

~B~xx