Chapter 21

Happy Saturday :)

**********

Chapter 21

"Here, put this on," Darcy handed me a turquoise beanie to wear. I gratefully took it and slipped it over my hairless head.

"Thank you so much," I sighed in relief, glad to have something to cover my bald scar.

"No problem. Even though you look pretty cute with it, I'm jealous," she winked, running out of the hospital with me and to our brand new car. It was white with eight seats inside. We've never had a car this big before. It still had that new car smell, so I could tell that they just got it recently. Darcy and I shivered in the back seat with my mum, all of us trying to stay as close to each other as possible. Even though it was barely five o'clock, it was already dark outside.

It took maybe only thirty minutes to get to our new house. It was a red-brick townhouse in the middle of a quiet neighborhood. It reminded me so much of our old one that I almost looked for Caroline to be down the street. My parents already told me about how she didn't make it out, either. She was found only a few meters away from Luke where they lay dead. It made me shudder at the thought of my two closest best friends being shot dead.

When I walked into the house, it no longer reminded me of our old house. Nothing was the same. My parents showed me around. The office, guest bedroom, and my parents' room was upstairs. They gave me the basement as a room for space. A brand-new keyboard sat in the corner. Well, brand-new to me. It was actually secondhand. There was a beige desk in the farthest corner, my old laptop sitting right on it.

"We found it in your bag when we brought it here. It was hidden in one of the big side pockets, so here it is!" my mum explained, and I felt a spark of warmth inside me. It quickly faded back to cold nothingness. There was a twin bed in the other corner, leaving the rest as open space for me. I didn't know what I'd use it for, but it didn't matter. It was for whatever I wanted to do with it.

"We'll give the girls time to get ready before we go out to eat somewhere," Liam laughed before everyone went upstairs except for Darcy.

"I can't believe they didn't show you the best part!" she scoffed, opening up the huge closet in my room. It was full of brand-new clothes that Darcy must've gotten for me. "So, my fashionable friend, what are you going to wear?"

I picked a black v-neck, black and white vintage floral skirt, and a purple cardigan. I also looked through the scarves and found a white infinity scarf to finish it off. Feeling like I wouldn't be warm enough with just all of that, I decided to wear black leggings under the skirt. After putting it all on, Darcy did my make-up with all that she bought me and then we finished it off with a black winter hat.

"You are so good with clothes," Darcy sighed, taking a final look at me. I giggled, feeling flattered. We walked upstairs and everyone told me how beautiful I looked even though I knew I would look a thousand times better with actual hair on my head. We went to a Japanese restaurant where the food was super good. After a long day of all of that, going home was nice. I lay in bed, thinking of home, Luke, and my terrible new look. This is too much to take in.

**********************

Hope you liked the chapter :) please vote! and also comment below what you think of the story so far :P

Love,

~B~xx