Chapter 11

i have been writing romantic chapters all day but they're all so great so i'm writing another for this book ;P

************

Chapter 11

(Vivian's POV)

"I'm so tired!" I sighed as I fell onto the bed I shared with Luke. He lay next to me, also looking exhausted.

"I think I'm done singing for the rest of my life," he groaned and laughed, his voice sounding a bit hoarse.

"I could never be done singing," I sighed, closing my eyes. "No more sessions for the rest of the night, right?"

Luke quickly checked his watch, and sighed in relief.

"We're done until nine in the morning tomorrow to sing the song to signal the start of breakfast," he told me. I did a little happy dance, and he laughed. "You are so strange."

"Unique," I corrected him, winking before grabbing clothes to shower. I walked into the shower, and washed myself as best I could in ten minutes. When I walked out, I changed into my 'pajamas'. They're really just Luke's clothes. I walked back into our room, and I saw that he was showered. He probably went to his dad's room or something.

"Tired?" he asked. I nodded, and he turned off the light. I hopped into bed next to him, and got close to him. Underground down here, it is very cold. "Are you cold?"

"Duh," I laughed. He wrapped both of his inviting arms around my torso, warming me quickly. I nuzzled my face into his chest, and he kissed my forehead. Sleep took me almost immediately.

''''''''

"Vivian. Vivian, wake up, love," a soothing voice woke me from my slumber. I opened my eyes revealing Luke's face. "Good morning, sleepy head."

"Good morning," I stretched, and poked his nose with my finger.

"It's 8:30, so let's go eat before we sing," he suggested, and we got up. I changed into an old grey t-shirt that was given to me and a pair of very short jean shorts that I'm not quite comfortable in. We grabbed some cereal boxes and ate them dry out of the box. Then, we walked to where they created a small stage for us. The people who were awake began to cheer. Others weren't up.

"Good morning, everybody," I greeted, and they all applauded. Luke and I began singing The Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machine.

"Happiness hit her like a train on a track," Luke began the song.

"Coming towards her, stuck still, no turning back."

"She hid around corners and she hid under beds."

"She killed it with kisses and from it she fled."

"And with every bubble, she sank with her drink."

"And washed it away down the kitchen sink."

"The dog days are over, the dog days are done. The horses are coming, so you better run," we sang together.

"Run fast for you mother, run fast for your father," Luke sang first in the next part of the song.

"Run for you children, for you sisters and brothers."

"Leave all your love and your longing behind you."

"Can't carry it with you if you want to survive."

"The dog days are over, the dog days are done. Can you hear the horses? 'Cause here they come," we sang the chorus together again.

"And I never wanted anything from you," I sang the first part this time.

"Except everything you had and what was left after that, too."

"Happiness hit her like a bullet in the back."

"Struck from a great height by someone who should know better than that. The dog days are over, the dog days are done. Can you hear the horses? 'Cause here they come," we sang together soulfully. We finished the song after repeating a few parts, and the bunker filled with applause.

"Thank you, you guys know the drill for breakfast," I smiled, and left with Luke on my heels as we went into our room to chill for the next few hours. "So what do you want to do?"

"How about we just keep warm," Luke suggested. I kind of felt like he was flirting, but what the heck. We both got into bed and cuddled together. "Have you ever been in love?"

At first, I didn't know how to answer his question. I think I might be in love now...with Luke. I don't want to say no, but I don't want to say yes.

"I don't know," I replied. It was a safe answer. "What about you?"

I wanted to smack myself a million times right after the last word left my mouth.

"I think...love is an interesting thing. I actually have been in love," he shared.

"Really?" I replied, looking down. He pulled my chin up with his hand, and smiled.

"I think I still am," he chuckled, and slowly leaned in to kiss my untouched lips.

*************

can they not omg livian moment give me a moment to fangirl okay yes i fangirl over my own characters deal with it

Love,

~B~xxx