Chapter 9

hey guys who's on break already like me? :D

***************

Chapter 9

(Vivian's POV)

I woke up next to Luke again. I smiled as I saw how he was still asleep. He looks so adorable when he sleeps. He doesn't look like a jock. He doesn't look like the popular boy. He just looks like Luke. His eyes slowly opened.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," I teased, poking his nose with my scarred index finger.

"Good morning," he replied, slowly closing his eyes again.

"Elmers family, please report to the security office. Again, Elmers family, please report to the security office," the announcer said over the loudspeaker. Luke sat up, and got out of his sleeping bag. Him and Micah made their way to the bathroom with clothes in their hands, and came back showered.

"Come with us," Luke told me. I got out of bed, and realized that I smelled awful. I was still wearing the same clothes from a week ago. "Wear this."

Luke handed me a white sweater and pair of grey sweatpants he owned, and I ran to the shower. I got in, and let the cold water fall down my back. After finishing my shower, I put the clothes he gave me on my body. They were a too big, but I felt comfortable. I walked back over to them, and together we walked to the security office.

"Are you Micah Elmers?" the man at the desk asked. He was tall, bald, and frankly, quite built. He shook Micah's hand.

"Yes, sir. What do you need?" Micah asked. The man sat on the edge of his desk, and folded his hands in his lap.

"First, let me introduce myself. My name is Theodore Samuels. Well, it's been a week here. None of the people here are really that happy. There's nothing for them to do, and they need some kind of entertainment. I would like to hand the position of activities director to you, if you're up for it," he explained.

"Of course I would. Can we discuss this now, then?" Micah asked. Mr Samuels nodded. "Okay, well, we should have a place for the kids. Are there any schoolteachers in this bunker?"

Mr Samuels went back to his computer, opened a file, and scrolled through.

"Yes, we have Rosalie Yosef, who has been living in England for a few years. She's originally from the Czech Republic," Mr Samuels read. Micah nodded.

"Can we get her in here, please?" Micah asked. Mr Samuels nodded, and picked up his telephone to go on the loudspeaker.

"Can a Rosalie Yosef please report to the security office?" he announced. Very quickly, a thin woman with black hair cut short showed up.

"I was called here," she spoke in an accent, but still spoke perfect English.

"Yes, Ms Yosef, we need you," Micah shook her hand, and briefly introduced himself.

"What do you need me for?" she asked, looking a bit shocked.

"We are trying to get everybody in this bunker entertained, so we need someone to take care of all of the children and keep them occupied and learning during this time. Do you think you could do that?" Micah asked. Rosalie nodded her head quickly.

"I will get on it as soon as you need me. I'll set up a place for the children immediately," Rosalie stated, and quickly left.

"What about the adults and teenagers?" Mr Samuels asked.

"That's where my son, Luke, can come in. Luke, I trust you can start right away?" Micah explained, and turned to Luke. He's acting like a true leader, actually.

"Sure, Vivian and I will start," Luke reached out for my hand. I grabbed it, and we began to leave.

"Wait, is Vivian your sister?" Mr Samuels asked.

"No, we're friends," I replied, smiling. Luke and I left, and stood outside of the office. "What are we going to do?"

"Can you sing?" Luke asked simply, gazing into my eyes with his.

"Yeah, sure. Don't we need a microphone?" I asked, and Luke ran back inside. He came back out with a key on a keychain. "What is that?"

"My dad gave me this key to get into the extra supplies closet down the hallway. He said it's ours to keep, so we don't have to return it," Luke explained, and began walking down a hallway. We reached a door, and he opened it. Inside was a wireless microphone and a microphone stand with other things. We synced the microphone to the sound system quickly, then set everything up on the other side of the bunker main area, where everyone was settled.

"Um, my name is Vivian Horan, and I'm going to be singing. I understand we're all going through a pretty scary time right now, so this is for everyone here. I just wanted to let you know that we're all here for each other. Thank you," I began speaking, then I sang acapella. "I've heard there was a secret chord that David played, and it pleased the Lord, but you don't really care for music, do you?"

"Well, it goes like this; the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall, and the major lift. The baffled king composing hallelujah. Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah," I sang, getting slightly louder as I went through. Then, I made my voice softer. "Your faith was strong, but you needed proof. You saw her bathing on the roof. Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you."

"She tied you to her kitchen chair. She broke your throne, she cut your hair, and from your lips she drew the hallelujah. Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah," I sang, beginning to hear my voice crack as I cried softly. I thought about my parents. I couldn't finish. I couldn't do it. Before I could apologize, the song continued by someone else.

"Maybe I've been here before. I know this room, I've walked this floor. I used to live alone before I knew you. I've seen your flag on the marble arch. Love is not a victory march. It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah. Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah," the voice sang. The voice was male. I looked up to see who it was. Luke? I was shocked to see him holding a microphone as well. He can sing. Not just any kind of singing. It was actually beautiful.

"There was a time you let me know what's real and going on below, but now you never show it to me, do you?"

"And remember when I moved in you? The holy dark was moving, too, and every breath we drew the hallelujah."

"Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah," we sang together, harmonizing almost perfectly.

"Maybe there's a God above, and all I've ever loved from love was how to shoot and someone who outdrew you."

"It's not a cry you can hear at night. It's not somebody who's seen the light. It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah."

"Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah," Luke and I finished the song. Everybody cheered and asked for another song. This isn't so bad after all.

**********

so basically that's what luke was hiding. remember how towards the beginning she was like "oh i think luke is hiding something"? well basically this is what he was hiding. he can legit sing. like legit.

Love,

~B~xxx