Chapter 339: Rapid Symphony

Start from the beginning

With Grey's curse, it wasted such a large portion of mana, however, it was worth it. Not only was the forest of ice cleared out, everyone else was also gone. All it had to do was wait for them to pop back out from a gate and strike as soon as possible.

"Haah... That was a close oneー !!!"  [Grey]

And strike it did. As soon as another gate opened, it then rushed off towards it and lunged its claws towards the young man. However, its efforts were all for naught. It was yet another illusion by Sirius, its claws simply passing through it,

"You really haven't learned your lesson! 《Phantom Caliber: Omega》!" [Grey]

《Thousand Bleeding Streams!》 [Yuna]

A heavy punch came from above and sharp slashes came from below. The Boss was able to dodge Grey's punch, but not Yuna's slashes, it's still wounded body receiving yet another serving of Yuna's signature deadly daggers.

However, it should have succumbed to Grey's punch instead. Though it doesn't have any blood, the "Bleeding Edge" ability of the Divine Daggers slows down the healing of wounds and starts aggravating them instead.

What's worse, since she has inflicted "wounds" on her enemy, Yuna's strength was further enhanced. It was only a little, but with the thousands of slashes before and the recent ones now, it was more than enough to double her power.

《Fading Haze!》 [Yuna]

The Boss tried to run away after sensing danger, however, it was already far too late. Yuna had already locked her eyes on it and so did her daggers. A cold glint shone in her eyes, and she vanished into thin air yet again.

A single figure appeared all over the Boss Room, streaks of silver illuminating the place, soon tainting the room with scarlet light as Yuna's slashes landed on the Boss once again, a pained bellow resounding in the room.

The Bloodwing Chromius spread its wings and they burned in the air, an explosion of light following soon after. Scarlet feathers rushed out in all directions like thunderbolts cruising in the sky, much faster than the bolts of light from before.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Scarlet feathers and bolts of mana clashed all over the place, the frozen blades of grass and leaves joining soon after the moment the Winter Forest reestablished itself once again, shockwaves dancing in the air and tremors shaking up the ground.

It was like a firework show, red, blue, and gold exploding all over the place. The only difference was that this display was rather deadly, the shockwaves able to rip even the toughest metals as if it was chewing on paper.

In that pandemonium, the Bloodwing Chromius once again searched for a target. The very moment it found Grey, it quickly bolted towards it, core full of caution as it once again extended its claws, rage brewing in its core.

However, rather than slashing its way towards him, it first lunged its feathers towards the young man with a sneaking suspicion. Sure enough, it was yet another illusion, exploding into a puff of nothingness as soon as the feather passed through it.

Grey once again appeared before it, and it slashed its claws towards him, the illusion once again fading away as soon as its claws reached him, a fist heading its way from behindー stopped by a piercing claw towards heart.

POOF POOF POOF POOF POOF

One... Three... Eight... Twenty four... The illusions popped in and out all over the place and the Bloodwing Chromius continued to slash through them. It remained cautious and on-guard all the time, not losing an ounce of focus.