Chapter Nineteen: Dance With Me

Jungkook held tightly onto Jimin as Yoongi's eyes settled into their crimson red color. Conflict flickered across Jungkook's brow: his muscles ached to join the fight below while his heart begged him to stay with Jimin.

Catching the tension in Jungkook's jaw, Jimin smiled like they were back in Hoseok's dance studio learning choreography together or in the campus library with Jimin tutoring Jungkook in music theory concepts. It held a warmth the warehouse didn't deserve; a brightness that caused Jungkook's head to spin, thinking back to Jimin's hands brushing Jungkook's waist as they danced together at bars or his secret grins closing office hours doors. Jungkook's lungs mimicked a breath at the sight. 

"This is one hell of an excuse to miss a quiz." Jimin said and Jungkook blinked. "Can't believe our star student would skip the last one of the semester."

"I'll have to schedule a time to make it up, huh?" Jungkook said back and Jimin snorted, though his body was shaking. Jungkook's eyes darkened. "Book a private session with you."

"Tomorrow?" Jimin said, hope dancing across his beautiful face. Jungkook nearly undid, cupping Jimin's cheek and nodding. Should he stay here with Jimin or help contain Yoongi below? Did they need him down there? 

Despite Jimin's fearless words his small grip wrapped around Jungkook's wrist, and he held onto him like Jungkook was an anchor. There was so much trust in that hold, a confidence in it that caused Jungkook's chest to ache. Jimin was asking him to stay. 

Jungkook brushed his thumb on Jimin's cheek, glancing at the tiny drops of blood on his skin where Jungkook's fangs had pierced through. If Jimin could smile through his fear, could joke when his body shook, Jungkook could swallow the helplessness he felt and mirror a grin.

"Tomorrow." Jungkook answered, needing to believe that there would be a tomorrow to get to.

* * *

The second Yoongi's demeanor shifted, Kim Namjoon ran to his partner while Hoseok leapt in front of Taehyung and tackled Yoongi to the ground. The vampire went down with a grunt, wrestling against Hoseok's grip. 

Jimin's heartbeat pounded in the warehouse like a ticking clock for the vampires; while Namjoon couldn't hear it, he could sense how each vampire attuned to its sound, glancing up at the balcony where Jungkook covered him from view. 

"Drink from me." Namjoon said as Hoseok bought them some time, stretching out his wrist to his lover, his own pulse adding to the mix. "You'll need the boost." 

Seokjin gave him a startled look but nodded, taking Namjoon's wrist to his lips. Namjoon closed his eyes as Seokjin's sharp fangs pierced his skin. The sensation never failed to surprise him - neither did the visible increase in strength his blood granted Seokjin. His golden eyes darkened, his balance more even and movements sharper while that always simmering power seemed to ripple off him now. Under different circumstances, Namjoon would have mentioned how incredibly attractive his lover looked, but it didn't seem the appropriate comment for the time. 

"I need you to run." Jin said as he pulled his fangs out. There was an alarming fear laced through his voice in a way Namjoon had never heard the powerful vampire use before. Namjoon frowned, his intelligent eyes scanning Seokjin's golden own. Seokjin shook his head. "Love, if you stay, I won't be able to focus knowing you're in danger. Please. Get as far from here as you can."

Namjoon rolled his strong shoulders back and his hand graced the hilt of a knife he'd brought with him from the barbeque restaurant. He considered the weapon 'borrowed' for the time, wincing a bit knowing the owner's son would be blamed for it missing, but Namjoon fully intended to bring it back to the restaurant. His gaze softened on Seokjin's worried frame; Namjoon had spent a handful of years living with in the supernatural world. He'd trained for it, built up strength in his body and fed his intellect precisely to help Seokjin in situations like this.