Chapter Six: All For A Grade

*small mistype in chapter five. Tae was turned two decades back, not two centuries 💀💀

_______

Jeon Jungkook shook, his leg bouncing in his seat while listening to Jimin calmly take their Friday night discussion section through a practice dictation sample. His voice was soft, kindly answering any questions, as he shared that there was another quiz in a week focusing on catching tempo changes.

Something the guy with an EXO tattoo at the front didn't seem to worry over.

Thirty minutes into the fifty-minute class, Jimin still hadn't looked over at Jungkook once. Which was incredibly impressive considering how heavily Jungkook was staring. He wanted to catch any flash of fear in Jimin's eyes, any hint of change. Did he know? Does he remember my Lady Gaga Bloody Mary moment?

Taehyung was studying Jimin less intently, confident that not only had Jimin been drinking at Euphoria, but he'd shot enough venom into him to fog over the entire night. Even if he did remember, a normal person's brain would jump to the drug conclusion first, not the supernatural one.

"Alright, that's all I have for you guys. The quiz grades look good, you guys actually scored the highest out of all the discussion sections with a C average for it. Keep studying hard, yea?" Jimin said smiling and the girl next to Jungkook that cried the week before swooned. Jungkook clenched his jaw when Jimin winked at her but didn't say anything as he started to pack his stuff up.

"Jungkook." Jimin's voice carried across the room as students were still filing out. Jungkook stopped short. He looked at Taehyung, panicked, who returned the gaze. "Stay after class. We have to talk about your quiz score."

The girl next to Jungkook scoffed and Jungkook's heart dropped for an entirely different reason. His grades. Fuck, did I do that bad on it?

"I'll wait outside, okay?" Taehyung said. Jungkook nodded, waiting for everyone to leave before walking down to meet Jimin at his desk.

Jimin locked the door before dusting his hands off. The room grew cold, as if all warmth had been snuffed out of it. Jungkook stilled, aware that his was a supernatural type of calm. His eyes darted across Jimin as the predator self-preservation in him bubbled to the surface.

"Sit." Jimin said, pointing his hand at the chair in front of him. When Jungkook didn't move, Jimin calmly reached for the paper cup on his desk, tea bag dangling out of it, and took a sip. He pointed at the chair another time. "Sit, Jungkook. I'm not going to ask you again."

This time Jungkook listened, his heart racing in his chest. Lights flickered outside, casting the frosted windows of the room in shadow. He took his seat, slugging his backpack down on the ground. How many times have they been like this now? Jungkook sitting and Jimin leaning against the desk.

"Did I fail the quiz?" Jungkook asked, his throat dry.

Jimin took another sip of his tea, this one long and slow.

"You got the top score, actually." Jimin said and Jungkook felt like someone dropped kicked him in a boxing match from the intense wave of relief that punched into his lungs. He doesn't know.

"Oh." He said, a giddy grin spreading across his face. Jimin's eyes seemed to soften a bit at that. "Wait, then why am I here? I didn't cheat, oh my god I promise. I studied so fucking hard - sorry, I mean I really studied."

Jimin put a hand up to cut Jungkook off. "I know, Jungkook. That's not why you're here."

"Oh." Jungkook said, the lights flickering again.