Chapter Seventeen: Complications

Double update - Vio
_______

A shiver ran down Jungkook's spine. There was nothing human in the face they'd left and he'd never seen eyes like those before either. When vampires fed, their irises turned gold; if they were blood-bound the color turned silver; but a deep blood red? It was like his irises were made of blood itself.

Feeder. Jimin was Yoongi's feeder.

Seokjin sent Jungkook an address in a short text, telling him to keep Jimin there until they could reign Yoongi's humanity in. Jungkook didn't know what else to do but pick Jimin up and run.

The address was to a warehouse outside of the city, built into the nature surrounding it. Vampire speeding was deeply against the coven laws to protect them from human eyes, but it was by far the fastest way to travel. The warehouse would have been at least an hour by car but took less than thirty minutes for Jungkook to make, holding onto Jimin cradled in his chest and feeling him shake helplessly against him.

The warehouse was huge and eerie in the darkness surrounding it. The front door pushed open to a ceiling webbed in steel beams with tall concrete walls hugging it. A small balcony of sorts acted as a second floor, cutting half way up the wall where large paintings were stored in sheet coverings. Jungkook put Jimin down and as he turned on the overhead lights, he couldn't help but gasp. Every single inch of the warehouse was covered in paintings: modern, classical, foreign, landscapes, portraits, ext.

"What is this place?" Jimin said in awe.

"I think it's for Namjoon. For when Jin turns him."

"Oh." Jimin said. "Those two know how to do romance."

Jungkook frowned, flexing his fingers at his sides as he tried to comb through the storm of emotions raging in his head.

"Has that happened before?" Jungkook asked finally. "Yoongi lashing out like that? You and Hoseok seemed almost prepared for it."

Jimin bit his lip. "Once."

"That's why you never wanted me to drink from you." Jungkook added. "An ex I can understand, but a feeder?"

Jimin swallowed, rubbing his fingers in his palms. There were tears in his eyes. "I never wanted you to find out this way."

"Was I ever supposed to find out?" Jungkook said, failing to keep the hurt from his voice. He couldn't describe the feeling in his chest. It was painful and raw, like a corkscrew was getting twisted further and further into it before being ripped out and screwed in again.

"I wanted to tell you after your boxing match forever ago but Yoongi fought against it on the ride over. He shuts the topic down each time I've brought it up since. I finally planned to just tell you outright tonight, but it's a lot and I needed to make sure Yoongi didn't - you know - freak out, first."

Jungkook frowned. "Why, Jimin? Why include him in the decision at all?"

Jimin rubbed his arms as he sat down, leaning against a painting.

"Yoongi isn't himself when that humanity shuts off. It's not him, it's like the most vampire version of him." Jimin rubbed the back of his neck, thumb brushing the same spot it had at the restaurant. "It's not just scary for me to experience, but it's torture for him too when he has to deal with whatever happened when his humanity comes back. I was waiting to make sure it was safe to take another step away from being his feeder."

Jungkook winced and Jimin's eyes immediately softened with guilt.

"Our bond is old." Jimin explained. He leaned his head back on the warehouse wall, looking up at the ceiling. "He hasn't fed off of me since we met in October and any feelings that went into creating that bond have long dried up. I guess it's been strained for so long that it's just freaking out now. Hoseok said it has to do with Yoongi being a prince too, they're stronger so the bonds are even trickier to undo."