Chapter Five: Bonded in Blood

Kim Taehyung loved being a vampire.

His skin was eternally smooth with his youth preserved in the twenty something body he'd been turned about two decades back. It didn't help his vanity how his eyes shone gold when blood past his lips. It made his tan skin pop despite his lack of blood flow.

The one thing that he did hate about being a vampire, was feeding day. Once a month the vampire prince that headed Taehyung's coven would come to wherever Taehyung was staying that year and supervise a blood spree. It was important work, making sure that the younger vampires didn't accidently turn or kill anyone without the higher ups knowing, but God he hated it.

At least Jungkook turned a year ago so now he had a friend for the sprees. Because despite the fact that he literally needed blood to survive, Taehyung despised the taste of it. It was mantellic in most cases and tasted like dirt in the worst.

When Jungkook and him walked out of the Intro to Music Theory discussion section, tears quite literally still in Taehyung's eyes from that shit storm of a dictation quiz, catching their Prince and his Feeder at their dorm door was the last thing he wanted to see.

Taehyung had stopped in his tracks, his heart stopped mimicking a human's blood flow decades ago but if it could have, it would have dropped in that moment. He could already taste the iron filter across his tongue from the blood he'd need to draw. One feeding a month could sustain a vampire efficiently, but they would have to drink a large quantity tonight to do so.

Prince Kim Seokjin smiled at their surprise. He was eternally beautiful: out of the forty or something vampire princes in the world, Seokjin was renowned for being worldwide handsome. His hair was darker than the night sky, slightly curled due to its length. It sat against skin paler than paper and smooth as stone. His lips were naturally dark, red like the blood that past his lip and despite being hundreds of years old, Seokjin wore his twenty-nine-year-old body brilliantly. 

Seokjin's face warmed instantly as he ran towards Taehyung and Jungkook and gave them the largest hug imaginable. Namjoon, Seokjin's Feeder, gave them an equally warm look but his hug was much shorter.

Which is how Jungkook and his Euphoria bar night turned from an event to destress and get wasted - into a blood hunt. He wanted to make out with someone tonight, not suck the blood out of their neck then let the venom in his fangs make them believe that they'd made the whole thing up in some drug induced haze.

Taehyung envied Seokjin a bit. Not only was Seokjin a prince, but he also had Namjoon. A human whose blood tasted like honey and was tied to the prince in an old and ancient bond. Feeders were incredibly hard to come by - humans who were willing to waste their youth to live with a vampire as a constant blood supply so that they didn't have to go on these stupid monthly blood sprees.

But the thought of having a feeder was more of a nice fantasy for Taehyung to think about rather than commit to - the idea of being responsible for one person, bonded to them, made him more uncomfortable than sucking the neck of a random stranger who would forget him the next day anyway. So when Seokjin came around each month, Taehyung brushed off the mild discomfort and did as he was told. He fed.

The music boomed in his ears in Euphoria, the friend he'd made in his History of Jazz class, Kang Daniel, was right about the place. People danced at every inch of it, colorful lights flashing overhead and smoke pooling at people's feet. The DJ was playing good mixes of music, not just the same pop song over and over again. Taehyung could appreciate the crowd too. The men and women were all beautiful, which was a shame because if it weren't for Seokjin and Namjoon hovering over his shoulder every minute, he'd be trying to take someone home for an entirely different reason than blood.