Chapter Nine: Heal Me

"Jimin you're turning down another bar night with us?" Hoseok asked, leaning against their apartment's kitchen island, completely bar ready.

Jimin eyed the clock. Yoongi came home around ten, hopping straight into the shower to get ready. Whereas, Jimin's been killing time watching reruns of idol survival shows on the couch since they'd gotten back from Jungkook's match.

"I can convince Yoongi to give you some V if you come?" Hoseok tried, bringing his dab pen to his lips and letting the smoke out slowly.

Jimin's brows rose. He looked at the closed bathroom door then back at Hoseok. "Thought Yoongi banned me for life."

Hoseok's smile dropped slightly. "That night at Euphoria really was bad, Jimin. We almost had to call an ambulance if it wasn't for that kid finding us. I agree he's being too extreme, but it's hard to blame Yoongi for wanting to keep you off the stuff."

"Yea, yea I know." Jimin said, expression softening. His friends were overbearing any time it came to Jimin and hospitals - which he couldn't exactly fault since his last run in with one last semester resulted in a fun-little near death experience.

Yoongi stepped out of the bathroom and the topic of V died instantly. He was wearing a tight black shirt paired with dark jeans and a leather jacket, his wet hair slicked back into a half bun. It was annoying how fast the guy could get ready.

"You're not coming?" Yoongi asked, fixing the sleeves of his jacket without looking at Jimin. Jimin frowned, wondering what happened today to make Yoongi so tense. His words were short, almost biting, despite not saying anything harsh.

"Can't," Jimin said, "I've got plans tonight so you're going to have to get crossed without me. Just text when you guys get to the bars so I know you're safe."

Hoseok softened at that, giving in, but Yoongi just smirked disbelievingly. He threw Hoseok's designer 'arson' bomber at him, something Hoseok bought with his idol-choreographer money, and walked out the door without saying anything else.

Jimin stood at the kitchen island, blinking. "Did I say something?"

"I'll talk to him." Hoseok said. "He's been pissy since he got back."

"Did some producing thing get canceled?"

"Maybe." Hoseok shrugged. "Or his favorite Too Hot to Handle contestant got eliminated."

Jimin snorted, waving as Hoseok followed Yoongi out. It wasn't too long after that Jimin got a text from Jungkook that he was waiting at the front of Jimin's apartment complex. Jimin was surprised at the smile that grew on his lips and tried to ignore how fast he ran to the buzzer to let Jungkook in.

* * *

"You can sit down." Jimin said, tilting his head to a stool under the kitchen island.

Jungkook blushed, immediately thinking of the same words with a very different chair as he walked through Jimin's apartment door. He did as he was told, wincing when the motion contorted his abs right where the worst bruises sat.

"So, I don't know how to actually heal anything." Jimin prefaced as he grabbed two bags of frozen vegetable mix from his freezer. "But I'm pretty sure ice is supposed to work? I can try and disinfect that cut you got too - is nail polish remover the same as rubbing alcohol?"

Jungkook coughed. "You're not getting within ten feet of my cut if you think nail polish remover is the same thing as disinfectant."

"Says who?"

"Says everyone other than wikihow." Jungkook snorted before immediately wincing when the laugh pushed against his bruises. God this is going to be a bitch to heal.