Chapter Three: Bite Me

"We should go drink tomorrow after the quiz." Kim Taehyung said, stretching in his chair. They'd been studying in the main library since the morning, the empty cups of coffee and cup-of-noodle taking up an equal amount of table space as their actual homework. "I was thinking light pregame and then head to Euphoria? My friend said that bar is super fun. That people actually dance there and not just stand around."

"What friend?" Jungkook said, raising his brows. "I'm your only friend."

Taehyung frowned, throwing a crumpled piece of paper at Jungkook. "That's what I want you to think. So while our hot TA ignores you, you can at least feel a little special."

Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Well speak of the devil." Taehyung said as Park Jimin walked inside the library. The sky was dark behind him and a gust of winter frost paved its way through the front hall.

"Who do you think that is?" Jungkook asked, referring to the same pale man that waited for Jimin at last week's discussion section standing by his side. He wasn't tall necessarily, but there was a certain swagger to his walk and confidence in his shoulders that made him consume the space he walked in.

"I don't know, but he's hot." Taehyung replied, wiggling his brows. "Looks like he'd make you call him daddy. Do you think Jimin does?"

Jungkook frowned, glaring at the way the pale man said something to Jimin that caused him to laugh. He watched Jimin tilt his head back, smiling freely like he had back at the club months ago with Jungkook. Jealousy clawed at him, dragging its nails viciously down his chest.

"Fuck off." Jungkook huffed at his friend's taunt, causing Taehyung to laugh a little too loudly. Jimin's head turned their way, blinking at the boys. Jungkook immediately slunk in his seat, blushing. What do I do? Wave?

Jimin's friend put his arm around Jimin's shoulders, leading him up the side stairs to a different floor in the library. Jungkook felt something burning in his chest as he watched him follow. The jealousy grew stronger when Jimin smiled up at the guy, eyes forming little crescent moons. He looked so small, swallowed up by the soft sweater he was wearing.

"You know, if I hadn't seen you two go at it, I never would have never guessed that guy even had sex before."

Jungkook threw his notebook at Taehyung which his friend managed to duck just in time for, laughing again. Before the two boys opened the second floor door, Jimin's pale friend looked directly at their table. Taehyung - for once in his life - shut up when he got caught in his glare before the door closed behind them.

"Do you think he heard me?" Taehyung paled.

"I don't know Tae, have you ever heard of whispering before?"

"No, actually. Somehow in my entire academic life, I've never come across such a concept before. Can you teach me?"

"I actually prefer you dumb."

Taehyung waved Jungkook off, looking back at the staircase. His brows furrowed and he rolled his shoulders back before returning to his laptop.

"So about Euphoria?" Taehyung coughed, changing the subject.

"If you promise to stop teasing me about Jimin, then I'm down."

"No deal. It's too fun."

"Do you think they're dating? Jimin and that guy?" Jungkook asked, leaning back in his seat.

Taehyung frowned, surprised Jungkook returned to the topic so quick. "You don't actually like him, right?" Taehyung asked carefully which caused Jungkook to blush further.