Chapter Fifteen: Pinch Me

"Jimin's asleep." Jung Hoseok said as he opened Jimin's apartment door for Jungkook.

Jungkook smiled, walking inside with his gym bag thrown over his shoulder. Namjoon invited him to a workout early in the morning and after a month without his workout sets, he was more than happy to train under someone who knew how to challenge a vampire's strength. Jungkook had showered at the boxing gym once his muscles had given out, heading over to Jimin's right after under the assumption that his boyfriend would still be asleep when he got there.

Jimin had stayed up late last night, texting Jungkook goodnight around three in the morning which meant he'd actually danced at Hoseok's studio for much later. A month's worth of dating was all it took for Jungkook to know Jimin pushed himself too far on days he texted so late. Jungkook wouldn't be shocked if Hoseok told him Jimin had only just got back to his apartment himself.

"I was meaning to ask you about that, actually." Jungkook said and Hoseok blinked.

"About Jimin's sleeping habits?"

Jungkook snorted. "No, I know those very well. I meant about when he stays late at your dance studio."

Hoseok's brows rose higher and Jungkook blushed slightly. Was he not supposed to know about the place?

"Um. Sorry, is that like a private thing or-"

"No, no I'm just surprised Jimin showed it to you. That practice room's like a sanctuary for him. I'm barely even allowed in there." Hoseok said as he grabbed two cups from his kitchen cabinet and poured Jungkook some water, handing it to him. He walked to his fridge next, taking out a bright red bag of blood and tearing it open with his teeth before pouring the crimson contents into the second cup. Jungkook felt nauseous at the wave of its scent, having to dig his nails into his palms to stay focused.

"So, about Hope World?"

"Well," Jungkook said, swallowing as the scent of blood overtook the room. God, he was hungry. It'd been two months since the Euphoria blood spree and a month and a half since Jungkook fed on Jimin. "Sorry, can you cover your cup?" Jungkook asked, digging his nails further as his fangs pushed into his lip. He craved the spree happening later tonight; a stranger's blood was going to taste like acid down his throat, but at least it'd calm the fucking thirst.

"Oh, right. Fuck, I'm so sorry. You're still a baby vamp." Hoseok said, throwing out the now empty bag and covering his cup with his hand. The second the scent was cut off, Jungkook heaved a breath of relief.

"Still getting the hang of it." Jungkook said sheepishly, relieved his fangs retracted. The extra weeks without feeding took a toll on him. He felt weaker, his head constantly heavy, and his throat was dry like sandpaper.

"You were saying?"

"I wanted to ask you if I could get an access key for your studio."

"Oh?" Hoseok said, nudging Jungkook towards his water. Jungkook drank it and it soothed the sharp thirst left from the smell of blood. Hoseok was patient as Jungkook finished the cup, watching with fascination over a new vampire's hunger. Meeting vampires outside of Jin's coven was always a strange experience; most people Jungkook knew were used to vampires of all stages. Was Yoongi's coven just really old?

"Jimin doesn't eat when he's there and then stays till the sun's back up." Jungkook said, getting back on track. "I was hoping for a key so I can drop food off or carry him back here when he passes out. Jimin will do anything but take care of his health when it comes to dance." Jungkook said.

Hoseok blinked in surprise before nodding in agreement. "Yea, he's a passionate one our Jimin. Not enough people pick up on that, actually."

"I think he just doesn't show how hard he tries to other people."