Chapter Sixteen: The End of Us

Start from the beginning

"What?" Jimin laughed and Taehyung lost it, looking at Seokjin who was lifting his chin like he was receiving praise instead of shock. Jungkook smiled, leaning onto the table and moving his other hand to Jimin's thigh. He gave it a squeeze and watched his boyfriend's cheek bloom with a blush.

"You even gave it a title." Namjoon laughed. "God, what was it? Spine hurt? Spine-something."

"Spinebreaker."

"Mm. That's what you are, huh?" Taehyung said to Yoongi who frowned, flicking Taehyung on the forehead which caused the younger vampire to swear again, hand going to his head.

"I like Jin a lot." Jimin said, resting against Jungkook's arm. Jungkook tilted his head down like the two of them were schoolmates sharing secrets in class. "He hugs really tight."

Jungkook snorted. When Jimin had walked with Jungkook into the restaurant, Jin had launched himself onto Jimin and gave Jungkook an excited look, making an off hand comment how it was about time one of the boys found themselves a feeder. Yoongi and Taehyung were already seated and Yoongi stilled at the comment, ordering the table a round of beers with a grumble. Hoseok ran in after that, apologizing for running late and explaining how he'd nearly forgotten to pack some blood for the spree after dinner.

Jimin blushed and Jungkook quickly clarified that they were only dating to which Jin grinned like he was in on a secret with Jungkook before pulling Jimin into another hug and gushing over how adorable he was. Which, to be fair, was an accurate assessment of Jimin tonight. He was swallowed in a soft pink sweater that reached his knees and his makeup was done to bring out the red in his lips. Jungkook smirked at the comment, knowing under the sweater were the tightest black jeans God had ever seen.

"Namjoon's really cool too. I don't know how he managed to break his chair though."

Jungkook snorted. The second Namjoon had sat down after introducing himself to Jimin, the leg of the chair bent and broke underneath him. The owner yelled at his son to grab another one, bowing to Namjoon for the inconvenience which flustered the feeder, all while the rest of them were losing their minds in the background.

"We used to call him the God of Destruction when I was in highschool." Jungkook said, kissing the side of Jimin's head.

"Chairs are evil Jungkook. You just haven't been exposed to their lies yet." Jimin said, grabbing Jungkook's beer and taking a sip from it.

"Their lies?"

"Yea. That they're meant to be sat on. I breathe and chairs knock me off of them."

"I think that's just a you thing, Jimin-ah." Jungkook laughed, bringing his arm up and letting it rest behind Jimin on his chair again incase his boyfriend managed to fall off this one too. Jimin noticed and blushed, scooting a little closer to Jungkook which caused Jungkook to grin happily, taking a sip of his beer to hide the dumb look on his face.

He caught Yoongi's eye then, who'd grown quiet. Yoongi seemed to enjoy listening to everyone's stories rather than sharing his own. As the night progressed, Yoongi's brows drew closer, his eyes scanning everyone at the table. He drank his beer thoughtfully, leaning back in his seat and occasionally reached over to fill Taehyung's water or put meat on his plate. He resembled a boxing judge, Jungkook thought, analyzing a match with quiet focus.

Yoongi's fangs drew out and he chewed on his cheek. He eyed Jungkook's arm around Jimin's chair. Taehyung flicked up his brows teasingly which startled Yoongi out of his stare. It was strange, Taehyung's relationship to the prince. Jungkook knew that their Friday meet ups had expanded into multiple nights a week, but the two still carried no label and physical affection was reserved for when they were alone.