"Hey, hold on, hold on... Ah!"

...

...

All nearby tents were cleared. Vaguely hearing the voices issuing from Yuwen Tong's tent, Yao Yi and some others inexplicably felt as though they'd returned to the Imperial Palace.

As a bunch of bachelors, they once again felt hurt as they had in the palace.

...

Ling Zhang had no idea how long the sex lasted, but at the end of it, he didn't even have enough strength to lift a finger. He groggily felt someone wipe him clean, dress him in clean dry clothes, and carefully examined his wounded arm, but soon he drifted into a deep sleep, unable to feel anything.

Seeing he was fast asleep, Yuwen Tong leaned over to kiss him, tucked him in and then went to wash. After changing clothes, he left the tent.

He wanted very much to get some sleep with Ling Zhang in his arms, but he couldn't do that yet.

After instructing Yao Yi and some others to guard the door of the tent, Yuwen Tong went to the main tent.

...

It was already night when Ling Zhang woke up. Yuwen Tong had returned and was reading intelligence reports sent to him by his secret bodyguards from various locations. On sensing Ling Zhang wake up, he rose to his feet, walked up to the bed and laid a hand on Ling Zhang's forehead to feel his temperature. Positive that Ling Zhang was okay and had had a good sleep, he rubbed Ling Zhang's face and said, "You're awake? Do you want to get up?"

Having his face and temple kneaded, Ling Zhang replied in a throaty, languid and faintly nasal voice, "I'm not awake."

Yuwen Tong chuckled, "If you're not awake, then who's talking with me?"

"I'm talking in my sleep."

"What are you seeing in your dream?"

"A gang leader."

"A gang leader?"

Not having caught on, Yuwen Tong said unhappily, "What's the point of dreaming about a gang leader? Where does he live? I'll have him beheaded."

Still fairly unwilling to open his eyes, Ling Zhang snorted softly, "He looks exactly like you. You still want him beheaded?"

The gang leader looked exactly like him? Yuwen Tong came to understand, stooped down, gave Ling Zhang's cheek a playful nibble and then planted a kiss on the corner of his mouth. "What did he do to you?"

Yuwen Tong really believed he was talking in his sleep? Ling Zhang slowly opened his liquid bright eyes to look at Yuwen Tong and then responded, "He harassed me, so I beat him up. After that, he became very submissive and did whatever I told him to. Humph. He kept moving his waist with great gusto."

Yuwen Tong dissolved into chuckle. "Is that so? Oh, my Empress is so amazing. Was he doing it as happily as you were?"

Ling Zhang, "..."

He jerked the quilt up and covered Yuwen Tong's head with it, intending to trap Yuwen Tong in it and kick his ass.

"Of course. He was moving it so energetically!"

Beneath the quilt, Yuwen Tong burst into laughter, scooped Ling Zhang up from the bed, put him down to let him sit, and then removed the quilt, looking at him with a twinkle in his eyes. "Okay, that's enough. You need to get something to eat. The food is ready. Given that you only had some steamed buns and flatbreads for lunch, you must be quite hungry."

As if on cue, Ling Zhang's stomach rumbled. He slid Yuwen Tong a sideways glance and said, "It's all your fault. I told you to show some restraint but you wouldn't listen. Now my whole waist is sore."