Chapter 40: Boiling Point

With a dull disinterested face, Darkseid folded his arms behind his back, "Your friends disappointed, by 'God' disappointed, I am guessing you are feeling left out."

The creative emptiness of the nexus danced to its tune, as the two combatants stare each other down. Their witnesses were exhausted from their tussle with the new gold himself. Hopes were high, their chances of getting out of there hinged on Broly's skills and strength.

"Y-you....." squeaked Vegeta, clenching his neck, overcoming his pain to do what he feels is necessary, ".....SHOW HIM WHAT US SAYIANS ARE TRULY MADE OF!!!!"

Broly, pounding his chest, then calmed himself down a little.

His mind flashed to his training with Whis, as he teaches him of the greater Ki control. "Anger is a tool, tools must be used properly."

"Are you going to attack me or bore me?" Darksied mocked, "At this rate, you can boast about putting me to sleep now."

"Aaahhrrraaa" Broly's massive frame slammed into Darkseid, then he flicked away, kicking the back of his neck.

Not an inch, he didn't bother to block said the attack, to him, it didn't even hurt. This caused the new God to crack up, "Is that all you got, I have waited this long for a...."

A meaty paw from the bulky Saiyan resulted in a shockwave, pushing away both Goku and Vegeta.

Recollecting himself, Darkseid was stunned by the force, it matched that of Beerus' attack, no it felt more like...

KAAAATOOOOM

His train of thought was drained by a kick to the gut, causing him to cough up some blood. Before he can process that, Broly snatched him by the leg and waved him around like a rag doll.

The distance he covered when the brute released him was astonishing. It was astronomical, it reminded him of a moment the one time held onto the flash. He never thought such a feeling would occur again, but there he was.

Darkseid finally got a chance to breathe and looked around the expanse. Wiping his bloody cheek, his lips curled as his hands jittered uncontrollably, "Now... I am interested."

"I can still sense him," said Goku. With a sharp twist, he readjusted Vegeta's neck.

Vegeta stretched a little, "Then hurry, we can't waste time like this. OUCH."

"You think Gohan and the others are okay? I mean we left them alone with Brainiac."

"Not sure which is worse, Darkseid or Brainiac. But we should worry about Gohan, he is a capable fighter." closing his eyes, Vegeta took some deep breaths to calm himself, his face grimacing with the thought of failing at this instant. He looked around and scoffed. "Say Kakarot, do you fear death?."

"Huh?"

"Well do you? Same with you brute, I mean Broly, do you fear it?"

Goku placed his hand on his chin, "Well I died before... it's painful but not as bad as you think you know. That's how I got stronger. Also met some amazing people."

"You died?"

"Yeah Broly, I did."

Vegeta chuckled, "What is a life we lead? Can't say, I didn't enjoy it. And no matter what guys, I am making sure one, not even this new God ruins it." Vegeta transformed into his primal state, with his tail fur and all.

An omega beam tagged Broly, who shrugged it off, but now without it leaving a mark on his chest.

Slipping between the trio, Darksied threw a punch at Goku, who dodged it with minimal effort, another was coming for his face, but was redirected due to Vegeta drop-kicking the deity. Broly followed up by barging into him, throwing Darkseid off. Goku with ease and swiftness slammed him in a few pressure points, then Vegeta unloaded a potent Galick Gun.

A confused Darkseid couldn't understand what is taking place, just a few moments ago they were insects, but now they are hurting him. Once again, Broly send him off track, this time he didn't stop his onslaught.

Darkseid saw an opening, a perfect counter, sadly it didn't amount to much. Goku covered Broly with a Ki blast. Vegeta performs a combo, a kick, punch, and roundhouse, followed up with a beam. Broly wasted not time in doing some damage himself. Darkseid's fist clashed with Broly's, both fighters winched as they proceeded to trade blows.

Not one to be out of a fight, Goku transformed into super sayain, he punched Darkseid, but his attention was still fixed on Broly. "How about I kick it up a notch!!" gathering as much ki to transform again.

"Pest!" snapped Darksied as he swatted at Goku, but Broly clobbered him in the cheek, but his omega beam wrapped around Broly's arm, damaging his shoulder.

They all surrounded Darkseid, Goku in his Ultra Saiyan God, Vegeta in his Primal Ego, and Broly legendary. The environment shifted in their favor they influence the emptiness, creating a pseudo-planetoid.

Darksied scoffed "Such power.....Isn't enough to defeat me." he felt a pain in his body, only so much punishment that he had endured, he watched as his hand was bleeding from one of their attacks, "Oh well.."

"We took on worse!" Goku roared, with enough certainty that he shook the new gold. He felt it again, the optimism. This wasn't the first time felt it, he just looked up into the expanse, as that moment was all too familiar.

With a sigh, they all rushed him at once, at that moment time felt, useless.

They gave their very best and put forth nothing but excellence. The very they had obtained or gifted were abused, their bodies, temples that harbored their wills to overcome being stripped of their meaning, each muscle and tendon pulled with such force, tightening light the strings of an instrument as they play a tune that was music to the ear of those who hear such. It wasn't a fight, but a dance, a dance that was causing the cycle of life and death to revolve ag such a rate it caused discord. Everything has its limit, and let's just say its time has come. Their energy caused the rift to apparel as they fall into it, still hell-bent.

The avatar was no more, as our heroes floated and crash-landed on a familiar yet strange place. The murmuring of people filled the air, the sounds of car horns, and the scent of hot asphalt.

Goku laid in his career and took spent to lift a finger, his vision too cloudy to focus.

"Stand back!" a deep voice commanded, it go closer to Goku, who was still dazed, fighting to stay conscious. "He needs medical attention."

Another voice appeared, along with lighting. "I checked the other two, they seem to be in a similar situation."

"Then we treat them as well."

"But they could be working with Darkseid for all we know. They came from the same boom tube after all."

"Only way to find that out, is by keeping them alive."

"Sure about this Bats?"

Raising his hand go his ear, "This is Batman to watch tower, requesting Zeta to medical bay, have three beds waiting."