Chapter 25: 4v1, Good Odds.

"Wolf fang fist!"

Yamcha charged forward, slashing the drones down to the bit, parts, oil and wires litter the floor in his wake.

Goku jumped into the horde, mowing through the army, as he effortlessly dishes out punishment.

Vegeta was a bit more savage, not wanting to waste time on these jobbers,  he charged a beam, and sweep the room with it. If it was any other time that would have worked, but more enemies swarmed in, they weren't machines, but cyborgs. On jumped on him while he was charging another beam, but he broke his concentration to swat it away.

Frieza bombarded them with a hail of Ki blasts, and formed two Destructo discs, "LOOK OUT!" he cried. Goku and Yamcha hopped up into the air, as the disc bounced around the room, clearing up the remaining, plus it entered the hallway where the cyborgs came from.

Yamcha landed, "Heh, that wasn't so bad."

"Don't get cocky!" Vegeta barked, as he made his way towards the doorway, "They know we are here now, so the big guys will be coming soon."

Superman flew on ahead, meeting up with two walkers, they fired missiles at him, but he shot them out of the air. He grabbed one of its legs, ripping it off by the joint. He tossed it at the other, causing it to fall forward. Slicing the grounded one with his heat vision, and finishing off the first by punching it a couple of times.

"Amateur," Frieza commented.

"Something isn't right." Superman said with a worried expression, "He expected us."

Vegeta ask "How are you so sure?"

"He usually has shields up on the outside of his ships."

"So what, we got lucky."

Loud sounds came from the end of the hallway, the team fixed their focus in that direction, this time it was an armoured walker, as it beamed lasers at them.

"I got this!" Goku hopped forward, forming a massive spirit ball that blocked the attack, he then send it towards the walker destroying it.

"How pitiful, I was expecting an actual fight." Frieza reverted to his base, "This is making me doubt this thing can destroy the universe. So what game are you playing Superman."

"No games, Brainiac is up to something, to something."

Vegeta annoyed, continues down the hallway. Superman called out to him, but he bushed him off, "I don't want to hear it! So far this thing defences are not a challenge for us." A drone try to jump him but he caught it by the head, crushing it.

Watching them from his control room, Brainiac observed the team as they progress through the ship, "Yes my defence is awful, keep that mindset." A screen showed a loading bar at 77%.

Superman tried using his x-ray vision to find brainiac, but there wasn't any sign of him. However, he noticed that the machines were working hard, but didn't take stock of it since all the machines were working and he had no clue what they are supposed to do. But he shared the information with his team.

"Huh," Goku said when he got the news,  "Vegeta, think that means something?"

"It means we are interrupting his plans, nothing more. We just came while he was doing something."

"But didn't he communicate with us on the ship? Maybe he knew we were coming and thought the robot could have stopped us, or at least kill one of us."

That caused Vegeta to stop, he turned to face the team, sizing them up. He knows of Goku and Frieza's strength all too well, as for Superman and Yamcha, they were the uncertainty, to him, the weak link.