Chapter 34: Scramble

"I got it!" Lex shouted as he pinpoint the main ship's location.

"About time." Yamcha said as he spring to his feet, "But what's bothering me. You didn't give us an update on the cruiser."

Annoyed Lex riposte "I told you already, I have no data on that ship currently. It was just a plan that Brainiac wanted to invade it for whatever reason."

"The reason is he wants the dragon balls! So get me a ship and let's go."

Superman added, "He is right Lex, we are wasting time sitting around here."

"You two are insufferable. None of you can survive the vacuum of space, but begging me to send you guys there."

"You said we have a teleporter, why can't we use that?" interrogated Yamcha, him trying to press his finger against the hologram.

"If you want to end up like soup? Then be my guest. Because this is the last time I am going to say this, you need to be a part of his army and right now, this tech is so behind my stuff, I am struggling." Lex folded his arms in irritation.

Superman again struggled to stand up, but his legs were too weak, "You would think I would be healed up by now."

"You need sunlight. Now that you've given your means of instant healing to him laying over there."

They all turn to face a snoring Goku, Lex scoff at the statement Yamcha said earlier, that he is the strongest mortal. He then looks at Jon, who keeps on trying to stand up, but the results are the same as those before.

Yamcha then stretched, "Alright baldy, how are we going to get to our destination when you do find out what's going on? Since we can't teleport."

"It's not that difficult to make a ship with the parts available."

The ship begins to rumble once again. Throwing Yamcha off balance.

Rubbing his bum, Yamcha asked, "Man, what is that?"

That tremor caused Goku to get up, he yawned loudly, "What a weird dream I had, Gohan and Goten were trying to kill me, then Chichi, then..." Another tremor cut him off, much worst than the last, "Vegeta...what are you doing ?"

"This whole time it was Vegeta?" Yamcha's jaw slacken, he couldn't believe that he couldn't believe it. "Damn, just when I thought I closed the gap."

"If your friend is..." Superman tried again, this time his knees wobbled like crazy, but he was upright, for a moment.

Goku caught him before he can fall, "Easy there buddy if you need a rest just say."

"No, right now I need sun, yellow sun."

"Huh? well, the sun does feel good but you need a senzu bean or something to heal up."

Yamcha then jumped in, "He gave you the last senzu bean."

"Really?"

Lex sneered "Yes, and against my wishes. Let's hope you are who your friend says you are."

Goku blinked, "Are you his universe Krillin? You are much taller than him."

"No, he isn't." Superman responded, "But we need to get off this ship and back to the cruiser."

"Sure thing, come on Yamcha." Goku paused for a moment, and examine the room, "Where is Frieza?"

"He is giblets, now let's good!" Yamcha said anxiously.

Brainiac's main ship, his new body, was being finalised, he examine it and smiled. "The perfect organism for what is to come. Piccolo, I need you to go down there to keep a certain individual, busy. It shouldn't be a problem, now that you have everyone from your race in you."