Chapter 11: Did we win?

Chichi was home with Videl and Pan, they were watching the news to see that skull ship float off into space. The only thing that ran through each of their minds they hope that everyone is ok. Chichi thought about Goku and their sons, Videl thought of Gohan, and Pan her father and friend Bulla.

"Daddy is going to win right?" Pan asked, the young girl sobbing before the screen.

Videl hugged her daughter, comforting the crying child, "If it one thing I know, your father isn't going to stop till his last breath."

"But.." The girl sobbed, "What happens after his last breath?"

Chichi couldn't help but flash back to when Goku died, the woman soothed her daughter-in-law and granddaughter.

Back at the north pole.

A battle of epic proportions unfolds with Gohan and Brainiac droid, both in a state of disarray, the landscape reassembling that of a battlefield, however, the droid energy didn't have the same vigour that he had before. Johan knew he prevailed in this war of attrition, one just discovered fire while the other harnessed it to make a forge, a nation, an empire. He wasn't giving up, he was dripping blood, sweat, and tears, his body begged for this onslaught to cease, what kept him going was his family, then needed him, even though he can't sense their energy, he knew they did.

"You will fail spectacularly Gohan, Mark my words." Brainiac droid glitching, energy still surging but follow with the occasional jerk of uncoordinated movements. But the battle still goes on, but this time he was a little more talkative than before.

"You really remind me if Kal-El, all gung-ho about defeating me, but so small-minded," he rushed Gohan, but misses, now the half Saiyan vigorously pound his knuckles on its chest, but it didn't stop the mockery, "He always finds some way to stop me, but he never does. Want to know why?"

Gohan growled, "I don't care about your story."

Another one of his swift blows, digging into the dense aura, shattering it like glass, then blast at the droid.

"But you should, for you will learn something about me, when you learn something, you get stronger."

Gohan grabbed the droid by its neck, looking deep into its purple eyes, "Trust me, I went easy on you."

"I know," Brainiac responded, "I wish had my technology, maybe then I would have squeezed every last drop out of you. I hope you survive to see my masterpiece."

The sky above him glowed, and the clouds begin to swirl as their colour shifted from a dull grey to that a greenish-white. Then a powerful beam shot down from the heavens, boring a hole in the crust that caused lava to shoot up, its massive crater caused destruction, interfering with the earth's magnetic field, and it caused the northern lights to dance in the sky. This causes massive damage to the planet, ripping away the one protection from the cosmic rays.

"Direct hit." Bulma said, manning the skull ship, "In one month, the atmosphere of the earth will be no more."

"Good. Now we continue our campaign." Wires attached themselves to the commanding droid, and it then suspend him up in the air. He was downloading all the information he had stolen from the planet, as well as transferring some of my to the main Brainiac.

He was in a planet-size warship, it was a giant ball of metal, that harbour the factories and weapons he "harvested" from the countless world. Call being redeveloped to suit his liking, using his twelfth level intellect to improve upon the design. Now having the experience of fighting Gohan, he was currently reworking his body to account for Ki, to allow him to maximise it for when he eventually has to go up against him again.