Chapter 39: Higher Plain

What is space? What is the time? These concepts, fundamental foundations that support our universe, its laws, matter, and entities, are all governed and have to obey them without question. But what happens when lesser beings become too much for the cosmos?

Goku, Vegeta and Darksied found themselves in a void, swirling with an untold amount of energy, likes they had never seen before, the Saiyans marvel at the sight, then remember witnessing this before.

Their moment is cut short by the black mitts of the new god, him sending both floating helplessly.

"Focus Kakarrot!" Vegeta shouted as he struggled to reposition himself. His arms flailed about, grasping at nothing, there was no resistance to push off of, no solid.

Goku on the other hand had more pressing matters, Darksied attention was on him. He received a beat down, each time he punched away the omega beams danced around him, lashing his back and propelling him back.

Darkseid smirked with glee, as he toyed with the Saiyan, but again he scoffed. The fight was disappointing, one can't adjust themself, while the other is helpless. All that changed when Goku powered up, his hair stood on end, now ready to face off against Darkseid.

"Enough!" He shouted, as he finally gain some kind of footing. "I don't know who you are, but I am going to show you why not to mess with this universe."

With a potent blast, Goku engulfed the god, Darkseid took it like a champ, then felt a fist clock him from behind, then a foot to his chest, a fist to his rib, then eyes, face and ears. When the attack ceased, Goku floated along.

Omega beams shot at him, he dodged them with ease, each time the circle back and around.

Vegeta took the opportunity to race towards Darkseid and punch him in the face, but the god smiled at him.

"What was that supposed to do?" He asked smugly. With a snap of his fingers, he took control of the void, creating a platform for him and Vegeta. Goku crashed on it soon after, and two fresh wounds on his back, indicating he was tagged by the beams. The two powered down from exhaustion and then looked at each other.

"There is a way Kakarrot."

"Sure you want to do that Vegeta?"

"Do we have a choice in the matter? It's either he squishes us like bugs or we do it first." Vegeta clutch his stomach, all the wounds he sustained before now caught up with him. He was weakened, tired, and now in a situation, he has no idea how to solve, and it seems Kakarrot isn't doing too hot as well.

However, the warrior stood up, blood dripping from his wounds, he took his stance, stumbling to maintain his balance.

Darkseid glared at the two, "You two, are nothing but a waste of cosmic dust. Your very being an insult to life, you think you can stand to my power when you can't even defeat another insect from my universe. I have experience with those who don't know the meaning of defeat, which is why I will be sure to ease your universe. Personally."

"That's just talking, you don't have that power!" Vegeta shouted, calling out the New God's bluff.

Darkseid open his palm, and a small sphere appeared in his hand, "This is your entire microcosm, your multiverses within the fiction of your universe." He begins to crush it, causing cracks to appear on the surface.

On the other side, Gohan felt the presence of something completely evil, but it felt everywhere at once, not to mention that it felt like space itself was being cracked. "Brainiac, what are you up to now!"

Goku scrambled toward Darkseid, but was kicked away, he got back up and ran towards him, again was kicked away.

"Ha, you have no strength left to face me. So sad. Why don't you accept defeat like your friend over there, he seems to understand how hopeless things really are." With a mighty punch with his empty hand, he slammed Goku to the ground, then stepped on his gut, his eyes glowing red, about to end the sayian, but a green beam lashed the God.

"Leave him alone!" They roared as they come and tossed Darkseid off the platform.

Vegeta couldn't believe what he saw, none other than the brute that pummeled him back in the day. The legendary super Saiyan himself, Broly.

Darkseid floated back on the platform, cracking his neck, "Another bug, a big one indeed."

Broly growl at him, increasing his Ki. "You hurt my friend, no one hurts my friend."