Chapter 28: Tides always shift

Getting boxed around by his wife, that Saiyan prince accepted his beating as she berate him. Calling him a disgrace to her, to his children and to people, all things that sapped the Saiyan of his confidence. It's through all this he realised that those are not things Bulma would have ever said to him.

Her attitude, tone and way of speaking, it wasn't her's. He slammed his fist on the ground where he lay, a fire burning in his soul as the insults and attacks keep on coming.

Gritting his teeth, he roared with unrelenting rage, "Shut up!" His head flew up, and he received a kick to his face from the imitation, but his aura was strong enough to protect him. "You have the balls to enter my head?! To play such petty games!!"

Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out his last senzu bean, tossed it in his mouth, and bit down.

"You are too weak to defeat Brainiac, give up now." A Bulma said as they fought to reach him through the area.

He scoffed, passing his thumb under his nose. He closed his eyes taking a deep breath, channelling all the Ki that was within him to block out the mental attack. He focused, each second getting longer and longer, till he opened his eyes letting out a powerful shout, "I am Prince Vegeta, and no scum shall defeat me."

"Vegeta I am your wife!"

He grabbed its neck, and growled, "Don't lie to yourself." He then flew up to where he sensed the strongest Ki, it was a strange green man, he didn't come with them, which means it is his enemy.

He picked it up by the neck and tossed it aside, clearly, it was Brainiac's body, the real him, not some cheap imitation. He let the creature know, that he wants a fight.

Brainiac sat there, confused as to why his metal attacks aren't working on him. 'Is this his will?'

"Get up!" Vegeta spat.

Brainiac remain on the floor, "And why should I should listen to"

He was sent out of his ship, then snagged from behind and launched again with a blow to his core. Flying through space as he pass the debris of most of the planets he destroyed, Vegeta caught up and clocked him again, and then again, the distance between them and the ship grew astronomically.

'His will.' Brainiac though, 'His will is incredible. He is a good study, I will entertain him, but first I have to complete the fusion.' Halting his speed he, tried to clothesline the Saiyan, but he ripped his arm off.

Firing a wall of Ki blast at Brainiac, so he regrows his arm and blocked it using a psionic shield. Vegeta broke right through with brute force and jabbed at his throat, Brainiac feint, clocking him in his ribs. He left himself wide open for a hook, which Vegeta delivered with beautiful form, sending him another light year away.

They were moving so fast that time didn't move in slow motion for the fighters, as one blow connected with the other.

On his main ship, droids and drones dropped like flies as they fall to the lex virus. However Brainiac didn't panic, he had his backup plan in motion, long before any of this had taken place.

Lex meanwhile berates Superman for taking too long to initiate the virus. "Took you long enough, any longer and this universe would have been destroyed."

Superman replied as he folded his arms pouting "Hey, I still got it done. I hacked the system just like you told me to."

"I am running through the history and you typed a 9 instead of a 6, what was that."

"The numbers aren't like our numbers you know."

The ship rumbled, and Yamcha heard explosions and pounding, "Alright guys enough of this, it's not over yet."