Chapter 27: Trick of the Trade

Vegeta was stunned to see his wife standing before him. She was as beautiful as ever, so much so, that he didn't question why she was on an alien ship. Then he remembers she was kidnapped, maybe she was trying to escape and found herself here. So many things begin conflicting with one another, yet he didn't question it.

"Bulma, are you alright?" Vegeta asked as he approached her.

She walked up to him, his arms extended to hug him, "I am better than okay my love. I am perfect."

"I came here to set you free. I hope he didn't lay a finger on you."

"Oh no, he didn't. However"

This got him curious, "However what?"

That's when she punched him. He was confused as to why she attacked him, before he can say anything, she strike him again. This time aiming for his weakened arm, then snapped it in another place.

Vegeta cried out in pain, as he pulled away, but Bulma appears behind him, knocking him into a terminal. He tried getting back up, but Bulma stood on his back. Stomped on his back agitating his broken ribs. When he looked up he saw multiple Bulma's, all teasing the Saiyan, some attacked him, others fired lasers.

He clenched and unclenched his fist, 'What has he done to Bulma?' he thought, her strength was incredible, she fired powerful beams, and she can multiple. She was a monster for sure, but a monster that had his wife's face, hitting that creature would be wrong, he can never forgive himself if he was the one that hurt Bulma.

"All that training Vegeta and you can't keep up with me? You have become prophetic." She crushed his arm again then tossed him aside into another Bulma, she caught him, hugging him. "You notice I love you, dear." She began squeezing him harder and harder, his ribs scratching against one another.

He yelled out "Bulma! Stop!"

"I can't stop loving you." She retorted, as she jumped around, she held him like a toddler would their favourite toy. His head suffered from whiplash she constantly changed orientations without any rhyme or reason.

On another level, Goku was fighting his demons, his demons. He doesn't know they got there, but they are there. His sons, both Gohan and Goten, are both angry at him for abandoning them to train.

"Boys, what is going on?" Goku asked as he blocked the flurry of attacks, the hurt badly, his defence meant nothing, they just dug in.

"You left us again!" They both shouted.

Goten uppercut his father, Gohan followed up with a kick to his neck. Banging his head against the ground, Goku recovered, landing on his feet. He put his hands out as if he surrendering, "Boys you know why I here, you are-"

He ducked a special beam from Gohan, and Goten capitalise on that by kicking him from behind. Gohan leapt forward with a kick, his father countered, side-stepping the attack and elbowed him in the ribs. Goten tried to retaliate, but his father struck with a back fist, he twisted again, kicking Gohan on his knuckled to prevent himself from getting smacked.

'There is something off about them' Goku thought, doing his best to hold his own against his two boys. They were strong, but there was something about their blows that felt off, he couldn't quite come to a conclusion, but whatever it was, just wasn't right.

Yamcha and Superman were still battling through the army of droids, they have gotten rid of most of the drones and walkers, with only the heavy hitters left. Yamcha was doing fine, but Superman was getting weaker each moment. The lights of the base mimic that of a red sum, luckily he still had some juice from the blue sun. Regardless, it was running out fast, and all this fighting wasn't helping his case.