Chapter 333: Shenanigans in the Labyrinth

Like a professional photographer, she then skimmed through the photos she took and inspected them closely. All were beautiful and lovely, making her very happy. Her ears were flapping excitedly as she did, eyes bright as can be.

"Grey, I know I'm being unreasonable right now..." [Yuna]

Out of the blue, said the young lady as she scrolled through their photos. She then looked at Grey with pure and innocent eyes, ears now drooping down as she hid behind the camera. She soon opened her mouth, continuing her statement.

"So, in exchange, I will make you the best dinner tonight... Is there anything you want to eat in particular?" [Yuna]

"Nothing really... I'm sure everything will be delicious." [Grey]

"Fufufu! Then I'll make sure to blow your mind away!" [Yuna]

"Hahaha. I'm looking forward to it." [Grey]

It was no wonder Grey couldn't bear to hate her. With Yuna putting in that way, Grey could only smile and accept the young lady's proposal. He could only fall harder for her... Plus, she looked really cute. His heart skipped a beat.

After their little flirting session, Grey and Yuna continued on their way and traversed the Labyrinth of Stars once again. They bolted at breakneck speeds, leaving craters and clouds of dust on their wake.

Many monsters appeared before them, but with the gap of their power, it didn't even take them some effort to erase them from the world, a series of clinks and thuds echoing in the air as their drops fell towards the ground.

KHIEEEEKKKKK GURRUUUUKKKK WAAAAIIIIIIKKKKK

Some C-rank monsters appeared here and there, especially in the red and black zones. But as one would expect, they were all one-shotted by Grey and Yuna. It didn't matter how big or how fast they were. They were all destroyed to oblivion.

At some point in time, they stepped foot on a black zone and dozens of monsters spawned simultaneously. They all rushed towards Grey and Yuna with eyes full of fury and bloodlust, however...

《Twin Spiral!》 [Grey]

... It was all for naught. A pair of tornadoes rushed forth at Grey's command, debris blasted off towards all directions and the already ruined houses reduced to rubble. Not a single monster survived his attack, all returning to nothingness.

They continued on their way and reached the halfway point about 20 minutes after they started. They continued to tread along their way, when their footsteps suddenly stopped, silence swallowing the ruins whole.

"Grey, do you sense that?" [Yuna]

"Yeah, or rather... There's no way I would miss them." [Grey]

They are hard to spot first, but if one were to look closely, one would be able to notice the inconsistencies throughout the Labyrinth, monsters hiding stealthily and waiting to ambush all the unsuspecting prey that falls to their traps.

The monsters in hiding are called "Spectres", light-attribute monsters that specialize in hiding and ambushing their prey. They have the ability "Camouflage" which allows them to blend in with their surroundings and ambush their enemies once they are in range. A pretty nasty tactic.

Grey and Yuna have also encountered "Little Spectres" on e lower floors, but as their camouflage was not as good, it wasn't too hard to spot them. Even novices would be able to tell as long as they're careful and cautious.

Normally, spectres would be D-rank monsters, but since the Labyrinth of Stars boosts all light-attribute monsters, they are now at the bottom of C-rank. They could easily destroy boulders as if they were brittle chunks of glass.