Chapter 332: The Labyrinth of Stars

Start from the beginning

Grey and Yuna continued to walk and before long, they reached the entrance to the Labyrinth. The guarding knights quickly noticed them, and before they could get any closer, they crossed their spears and blocked their paths.

"The Labyrinth is still not open. Please head back to your campsites."

Said a knight with a stern voice and sharp eyes. Along with his subordinates, they have been fending off adventurers day in and day out, making sure none of them get past them, doing their jobs the best they can.

"Fufufu! It's okay. We already received permission from His Majesty." [Yuna]

"Permission... Wait... You don't mean..."

"Un. We just happened to win the Carnival of Swords, you see." [Yuna]

Softly giggled the young lady as she handed out the permit issued by the King. Along it, Grey and Yuna also handed over their guild cards for the knights to check, their eyes widening in shock, staring back and forth at the card and the youths before them.

It was no wonder why some of them thought they looked familiar. Though they were a little far, they could clearly identify such distinct features which dazzled like diamonds in a sea of stones. Especially Yuna's silver hair, it stood out like a sore thumb.

"Y-Your Highnesses! I-It's a great pleasure to meet you!"

"It's Their Highnesses in the flesh!"

"Ohh! This is my first time seeing them up close! I want to shake their hands!"

They were knights... Yes, they really were knights, but rather than the dignified and noble attitude they are usually associated with, they are currently acting rowdy and boisterous. They have turned into fanboys and fangirls, noisy as can be.

It wasn't just the knights, but the adventurers and merchants were also drawn into the commotion. Grey and Yuna's names spreading like wildfire, everyone's eyes were soon drawn into them, all looking at them with sparkly and expectant eyes.

"Ahem! Ahem! I apologize for our rudeness, Your Highnesses. I have confirmed the authenticity of your permit. You may pass now,"

"Thank you. Please continue the good work." [Grey]

"We are only doing our work, Your Highnesses. We are unworthy of your praise."

Or so the knight said, but his lips had already broken into a smile, reaching from ear to ear, clearly happy to receive a compliment. It wasn't just the leader of the knights, but the other knights and soldiers were over the clouds as well.

"Did you hear that?! Their Highnesses praised us!"

"Ohh!! I'm more fired up now! Let's do our best with our jobs!"

"I will make sure to remember this day for the rest of my life!"

It was good that they were lively and happy, but they were clearly overdoing it. It was only a simple and courteous praise, but they were now on cloud nine, shouting on the top of their lungs as if they were shouting their battle cries before a large battle.

Grey and Yuna had seen all sorts of reactions, but this one surely tops them all. Just imagining how they would react if they shook their hands or gave them autographs is enough to make them shudder. They were quite frightening in ways more than one.

"Then, we'll be taking our leave now." [Yuna]

"Yes. Good luck, Your Highnesses. May the goddess of fortune smile upon you."

The knights still merry and rowdy, Grey and Yuna's steps resounded in the air and they headed into the Labyrinth of Stars. Excitement and anticipation welled up in their hearts, growing more and more the closer they approached the entrance.