TEASER [ 16 ] SPIRIT

THIS STORY IS BEING WRITTEN ON PATREON ONLY! EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO READING THE STORY IS AVAILABLE ON PATREON!!!!!!

If you would like to read FULL EARLY ACCESS to full chapters in the future, please head over to my Patreon. LINK IS ON MY PROFILE! FULL EARLY ACCESS is available on my Patreon right now! Don't miss out! Head over there now!

CHAPTER TEASER - FULL ACCESS TO CHAPTER IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON

______________

[ 16 ] MATTEO'S RETURN - SPIRIT

MATTEO

A sound rattled behind us and we both turned to see what it was.

A stable guy appeared from a shed with a bucket of what I would assume were the feedings of kitchen scraps, grains and hay for the goats. He wasn't the same stable boy that Tosha and I saw last night. He was a bit older, around my age I would assume and mimicked my same statue. He was just as surprised to see us as we were him and something flashed in his eye as he stared at Tosha but the thing disappeared once his eyes saw me standing next to her.

"Oh, God." I heard Tosha mutter dreadfully besides me as I looked down towards her, she was fidgeting uncomfortably.

I raised a questioning brow at her sudden change in demeanor.

As much as I wanted to question what was going on, the stable guy gave me insight before I was given the chance to.

"What a small world we live in," The guy spoke, setting the bucket down and pulling his gloves off. He took a step to towards us, almost as if he was going into to hug but I immediately stepped forward, causing him to pause and think of his actions before doing so.

Who was this man and how did he know her?

The guy paused and stuck his hand out. "My bad. The name's Cordell. You must be Four, right?"

I took his hand and shook it firmly, hoping to not reveal that my guard was up and I was at high alert with his forwardness to my woman.

"Right." I answered shortly.

"Nana has spoken a lot about you all when I first took on the job. I'm surprised to see a familiar face around here." He let go of my hand and turned his eyes to Tosha.

"You both know each other?" I asked, raising my brow to the both of them in suspicion. His nickname for her revealed that they definitely had a close relationship and I couldn't stand and watch as this man reminisced about my woman.

He reached for her hand and Tosha allowed him to shake her hand for acknowledgement and respect but when he attempted to raise it to meet his lips, she pulled back and stepped closer to me.

"Yes, um..." Tosha spoke, hesitant to share. 

______________

If you would like to read FULL EARLY ACCESS to full chapters in the future, please head over to my Patreon. LINK IS ON MY PROFILE! FULL EARLY ACCESS is available on my Patreon right now! Don't miss out! Head over there now!

CHAPTER TEASER - FULL ACCESS TO CHAPTER IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON

______________