[ 06 ] NO RUSH

MATTEO'S RETURN - [ 06 ] NO RUSH 

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.

-LAO TZU

TOSHA

"I can't believe I let you pat me down with all of this gold glitter. If this makes my hair fall out, Niecy, I swear I'm going to personally kill you myself." I complained, wiping the glitter that had transferred over to my hands on my costume.

"You're seriously blaming me? You should be blaming your Casanova boyfriend for picking this costume out of the hat of options." She threw back at me as she stepped out of the Uber car we'd taken over to the Halloween party tonight.

We'd watched the game between our university and another fierce rival university on television instead of going to the stadium in order for us to save time getting dressed for the Halloween party.

Although my parents were strongly against celebrating Halloween and would always remind me that it was the devil's day, when Matteo suggested that we wear matching costumes to further solidify our relationship to the public, the idea seemed childish to me. Yet now, despite me understanding the reason why he wanted us to do this, Niecy patting my body down with her glitter oil seemed to ruin the little fun I had left to enjoy the night.

Niecy had tossed a few costume ideas in a hat two nights ago while Matteo was over for a study session and he blindly chose Cleopatra and King Tut. Although the two weren't necessarily a couple, or alive during the same era, Niecy had written them down and placed them in the hat as a random option because their costumes on pinterest stood out and were sexy.

Matteo loved the idea and couldn't wait to see me in the Cleopatra costume. I had been skeptical about shopping for it, especially in a size that would fit my curvy frame, however, Matteo made just a single phone call and the process seemed to move before my eyes in a flash.

With my permission, he'd sent my measurements to a friend of his mother that used to work with her in his mother's boutique and advised that he'd have both of our costumes the day of the game and ready for the Halloween party right after.

I was surprised that the costume fit me perfectly and her detailing was unique and stellar. To be able to accomplish everything in such a short timeframe, I was astonished and could see the efforts he was putting into us as a couple. He was serious about making a statement to the public about us being together.

Niecy and I had gotten ready together with the help of Lola who'd stopped by to do our makeup. The time spent with Lola had opened me up a bit more to her and her general aura was very powerful, inviting and of love. She spoke unapologetically about God in anything she could muster but also carried herself in a very relaxing, free flowing manner. She was not going to the Halloween party because being around too many people in a tight space made her anxious. Although I was still feeling her out, she seemed to mesh really well with Niecy and I.

Jasmine had texted me to question if we were going to the party and I informed her that we were and that I wanted to talk to her. I didn't let her know in what regard and I was hoping seeing her at the party wouldn't result in anything catastrophic but would allow me to gain clarity and insight. Niecy and I both questioned if she knew of Ada's involvement with Matteo and if that is why she'd been distant with us for a bit.

After the Uber drove off, Niecy and I stood next to one another before the house where the Halloween party was in full effect.

"You seriously don't think all of the glitter is too much?" I questioned, fixing the bob wig on my head that was accessorised with a gold headpiece and dangling aurulent strings.