TEASER [ 13 ] REFINEMENT

If you would like to read FULL EARLY ACCESS to full chapters in the future, please head over to my Patreon. LINK IS ON MY PROFILE! FULL EARLY ACCESS is available on my Patreon right now! Don't miss out! Head over there now!

CHAPTER TEASER - FULL ACCESS TO CHAPTER IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON 

[ 13 ]  REFINEMENT

MATTEO

My iPhone rang and shook me up from the alternate reality that I'd found myself lost in due to daydreaming. Once I focused my eyes on the road ahead of me, I used a hand to search my truck console for the ringing device. I finally found my phone and turned back to see if the ringing had caused Tosha to awaken. She's became exhausted after the overdue time spent with Trey's family for brunch that seemed to drag out into the afternoon. After sitting in the passenger seat with me once our drive to the west side of town commenced, I noticed she was sitting uncomfortably in an attempt to sleep but still couldn't. I slowed the truck down and encouraged her to transition over to the backseat in order for her to rest comfortably.

Thankfully, the ringing only resulted in a few squirms and her eyes remained shut.

"Hello, mother?" I answered her ringing calls.

"Good...evening, honey. What are your whereabouts? Everyone has arrived and night is falling." She inquired. I could hear voices in the background, but she seemed far from the noise for me to accurately pin out who all was there with her.

"I should be arriving in the next fifteen or twenty minutes. Tosha and I got held up earlier." I told her truthfully.

"Okay, is everything alright? How is Tosha?" She continued on.

I gave Tosha another quick look in the backseat and shifted my focus back on the two-way road. "She's fine. She's sleeping right now. I should be there in a few, alright?"

"Okay, call me if anything occurs. Nana cannot wait to see you."

Her words caused a genuine smile to appear on my face. "Alright, I'll see you soon." I ended the call and immediately after, Tosha's groggy voice spoke lowly.

"Are we there yet?" She asked me.

"Almost." I confirmed with her.

I could hear a bit of shuffling in the background but I kept my eyes on the road.

After a short while, I was finally pulling onto Nana's property. Sat on a stone foundation, Nana's country farmhouse was a renovated two-story property with multi-pane windows, a shaded front porch and a wooden deck that nestled closely to the front garden. The blacktop asphalt driveway was long and secured around white picket gates. Thankfully the gate was open from the previous cars of my family. Once successfully parked in the driveway, I cut the engine off.

The lack of movement alerted Tosha. "Are we there yet? Why'd you stop?"

__________________

If you would like to read FULL EARLY ACCESS to full chapters in the future, please head over to my Patreon. LINK IS ON MY PROFILE! FULL EARLY ACCESS is available on my Patreon right now! Don't miss out! Head over there now!

CHAPTER TEASER - FULL ACCESS TO CHAPTER IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON