[ 10 ] - CURFEW

[ 22 ] MATTEO'S RETURN - FIRST DATE (PART 2) (UNEDITED) has been posted on my PATREON. Get access to new chapters on my PATREON!!!

In honor of me reaching 19k followers, I wanted to share another chapter. The full story is on my PATREON. The link for my PATREON is listed in my bio on my page! 

[ 10 ] MATTEO'S RETURN - CURFEW

TOSHA

"Did you tell Aunt Shereé if you are coming to Riverside for Thanksgiving break with us?" KC pondered over the phone.

The peace and quiet of this fresh Sunday morning allowed me to sleep in a bit and catch up on some much needed self care time. There was much needed regrouping from the events of the weekend and I wanted to effectively reset before this week started.

I washed my hair from being in the pool water last night and massaged hot oil into my scalp before twisting everything up for me to detangle later on.

I had found a new comfort food recipe of cheddar shrimp and grits with bacon crumbles and decided to make it as brunch time was approaching. While doing so, I received a phone call from KC.

Weeks ago, Aunt Shereé had called me and confirmed to me that KC would be staying with her in Riverside until the end of Thanksgiving break. While Pops was in the hospital, it was best if KC wasn't left alone in the house, especially not on the south side of Ridgeport. Aunt Shereé did invite me to Thanksgiving dinner and offered to send me money for a bus ticket, however, I had already agreed to spend Thanksgiving with Matteo and his grandmother on the west side of town.

"Actually, no, I did not tell Aunt Shereé. I won't be there this year. Matteo invited me to visit his grandmother's ranch this Thanksgiving and I agreed to go." I informed my younger sister.

KC sighed. "Wow, okay. I really miss you but I hope you enjoy the ranch. Does she have animals?"

I used tongs to remove the crispy bacon that I had been cooking in a pan. I carried the bacon to a metal tray that was double lined with paper napkins.

"I miss you too. And yeah, I believe she has a ranch and a few acres of land with horses and a garden." I told her, trying to remember what Matteo had mentioned prior about his Nana's ranch.

"Take lots of pictures, Nat!" KC boasted. "Stop, Soto! Leave my shoe laces alone!" I could hear her on the other end of the line arguing with Soto, Aunt Shereé's dog.

"You sound like he's stressing you out, KC." I chuckled, placing two new strips of bacon into the pan and backed away a bit as it began to sizzle. The phone was on speaker so I had no worries to stand extremely near it. "How have you been holding up? With being with Aunt Shereé and away from Pops?" I asked.

I could hear KC shuffling around and then I heard the sound of her plopping on a bed. "Honestly, I love staying with her. She's so kind, down to earth and full of love. She reminds me of mom so much. She doesn't bother me or look down my shoulder like Pops does. For the most part, she's usually praying, writing in her journal or on coaching calls with young women that have financial issues, need healing or just mentorship."

"She does coaching calls?" I didn't know the full length of what Aunt Shereé does in her spare time but I knew she worked from home and made money through an online business.

"Yeah, she has a ministry. I'll send you the link. She coaches people to understand and live in relationship with Yahweh and become more like Jesus Christ. I told her about things I've been experiencing, at school and with Pops' behaviour and she's helped me a lot."