Chapter 319: Signing Up

Start from the beginning

It was only for two weeks, but in that short amount of time, Grey and Yuna had taught her many things she wouldn't have learnt even with several months. She experienced a boost not even the best of instructors could provide.

She has yet to master the techniques and swords arts they taught, but she was able to gain invaluable experience thanks to it. Especially after sparring with the two. She was now much stronger than before.

Moreover, it was hell. Just looking back on the past days, she could remember all the pain and breakdowns she had when sparring against the two spartan demons. If she could survive such hell, she could survive anything and everything else.

"Lisa, you're thinking of something rude, aren't you?" [Grey]

"N... No... I just thought the sky was pretty..." [Lisandra]

"But you're looking down at the ground." [Grey]

There was no need to elaborate any further. If Grey and Yuna were to learn even a shred of what her true thoughts were, she would surely be the one to suffer. She didn't want to shed any more tears because of them.

The line moved slowly but surely until it was finally their turn. There were a number of reception desks at the front, receptionists divided into three, several for each division. All were wearing such friendly and professional smiles.

"Next, please."

Said the receptionist, and the line moved along another step. The line continued to slither and the participants soon scattered, heading towards their respective training areas. Before long, it was finally their turn, then preparing their identity cards.

"Y-Your H-Highness?!

Of course, such a reaction was to be expected. They have yet to hand in their cards and all eyes swam towards them once again. The receptionist didn't notice before, but now that she was in front of her, there was no way she could just ignore her.

"Why... Why are you in line...? You could have justー"

"No, that won't do. I'm not here as the Second Princess, but as a swordswoman. It is only proper that I stand in line as well." [Lisandra]

"I... I see... Please pardon my sudden outburst."

Lisandra was firm on her beliefs, seeing everybody else as her equal and not caring about her status at the slightest. She was there to prove her skill with the sword, not to show off her social standing. A swordswoman through and through.

"And... If we are talking about privileges, then why is His Majesty, the King, standing in line as well?" [Lisandra]

"Urk!" [Archen]

The princess pointed at a conspicuous masked man, and the latter flinched at the sudden mention, all eyes following Lisandra's finger. At the same time, their mouths fell towards the ground in agape, eyes wide open as their hearts almost burst open.

The masked man soon heaved a sigh and took off his very strange and eye-catching mask, and surely enough, he was the King. His scarlet hair flowing like water and his golden eyes shining like the sun. There was no mistaking it.

"Haah... How could you ruin my fun like that, Lisa? Do you know how much effort I spent in trying to make the perfect disguise?" [Archen]

"Father, you're the only one who would pick such a ridiculous disguise." [Lisandra]

"What do you mean ridiculous? That was perfect. How did you even see through me? My acting should have been perfect." [Archen]

"You're missing the point, Father...." [Lisandra]