39

It's been around 3 weeks since their conversation. A very rough and long 3 weeks. Both Kuea and Diao have spent it, trying to recover the best that they can. The others have been trying their best to help them. Something that Kuea is incredibly thankful for.

            He wouldn't have gotten as far as he has in his recovery without everyone's help. Within the last three weeks, he has started to believe that the situation with Diao's hunger, is not his fault. While Diao has learned to stop comparing himself to the vampire from his study.

            He is able to see and watch as everyone slowly starts to become more and more happier. Which in return helps brighten his mood. Seeing Diao recover such a large amount like he has, makes him feel relieved.

            He's chosen to focus on watching as Diao makes a steady recovery. In hopes that it will encourage his own recovery to get faster. Because even though he's learned to not blame himself for what's happened, he's still struggling to fully speak with others.

            He's worked enough on his recovery to talk with everyone separately. However, he's unable to fully start talking when everyone's around each other. This causes him to experience a lot of hard moments.

            He gets frustrated with himself a lot. In the worst moments, he gets so frustrated that he begins to cry. He also has times where he finds himself not attempting to talk. However, no matter how hard these moments are, Win and Top are always right by his side, gently encouraging him and helping him calm down.

           He knows that this is all apart of his recovery process. That it's been so hard because he's working through his trauma. These thoughts along with everyone's constant reassurance and help, is what keeps him going. But some times. He has days where he feels like all his recovery goes out the window.

            Especially on days like today. Where he's woken up from a nightmare that leaves him panicked and crying. On the days he wakes up from a nightmare, he knows that it's going to be a hard and extremely challenging day.

            He knows he needs to let everyone know so that they can be there for him. So that he won't go through it alone. However he's the last to wake up and the last one to arrive in the dining room. Everyone's already here and he's not going to be able to tell them.

            Especially when he's still shaken from his nightmare. Where he dreamt of his study. He can't get his hands to stop shaking. So how could he possibly try to talk in front of everyone. Maybe if he gets the attention of Win or Top. They've become good at knowing when he's had a nightmare by just looking at him.

            There's still a solution. There's still a way. I just need to get Win or Top's attention. They will figure it out and help him tell everyone, he thinks to himself. So he slowly enters the dining room, catching everyone's attention.

            " Good morning Kuea " Top says happily. He looks towards him and makes eye contact with him before holding out his hands, showing him how they are shaking. Top immediately makes his way over to him. " Another nightmare Kuea " Top asks gently, grabbing ahold of his shaking hands.

            He knew that Top would understand. That Top would be able to tell what's wrong. " It was scary, wasn't it. I'm sorry I wasn't there to wake you up " Top says with a small smile. He shakes his head. There's no way Top could have known that he'd have a nightmare.

            Top wipes the dry tears from his cheeks as he asks " Are you able to tell me what it was about ". He looks towards everyone else. They're all watching him. Turning back to look at Top he try's to think of a way he could get Top to understand what nightmare he has.