25

By the time that Kuea and Hia Lian make it to his house, it's already 5:00pm. When he gets out of the car and walks to the front door, he freezes. He has to force himself to take a few deep breaths in order to calm his nerves. He forgot that it would be difficult to go back into the house after everything.

            As if already knowing how he feels, Hia Lian gently says " They can't hurt you anymore. You're safe ". He nods his head before taking another deep breath. " They're gone " he whispers to himself as he opens the door and walks inside of the house.

            Looking around as he enters the house, he notices how all the weapons except a small dagger that were previously on the dining room table, are now gone. They must have handed most of them out to other guild members before the fight, he thought to himself as he walks into the living room.

            Once he's standing in the living room he notices a small dagger on the table. He quickly recognizes it as the dagger his parents were originally going to give to him. So he picks it up and gets a closer look at it. The dagger has a white handle while the blade is made out of obsidian.

" What is this dagger " Hia Lian asked him curiously. " The one that I was supposed to get from my parents when I become strong enough " he says quietly before setting it back down on the table. " It can't compare to the one I got from P'Win " he says before turning around and grabbing Hia Lians hand.

He gently pulls Hia Lian up the stairs and towards his room. When he opens the door he says " Welcome to my room. I haven't finished unpacking yet. All my clothes are in boxes ". He pulls Hia Lian into the room and has him sit down on his bed.

" Do you like photography? You have so many photos hanging up " Hia Lian asked him. " Yeah I do. It helps me calm down. Especially when I take photos of nature " he says before walking over to his desk, grabbing a photo album.

" Here, you can look through this. It's all of my favorite photos that I have taken " he says before handing the photo album to Hia Lian. Who quickly takes it. " I'm going to start packing my things while you look through that " he says quietly. " Alright ".

He walks over to the boxes of clothes, closing them. So he can easily take them back to the house. Once he's done he grabs an empty box and sets it on his desk. What should I bring back to the house, he thinks to himself as he looks around his room.

He needs his camera so he walks over to his bookshelf and grabs it. " All these photos are amazing kitten " Hia Lian says. " Thank you Hia " he says before walking back to the empty box and setting his camera in it. He then takes the photo album from Hia Lian and sets it inside the box as well.

" How long do you want to spend here kitten. Do you want to stay 2 nights or no " Hia Lian asks gently. " I'm not sure yet " he answers honestly. He doesn't want to stay at this house for to long but he also doesn't want to go back to the house if Diao is just going to ignore him.

He doesn't think that he can stay in a house, knowing that Diao is awake and avoiding him. It will only cause him to feel worse and worse. " Come here kitten " Hia Lian says, pulling him from his thoughts. So he turns to see Hia Lian holding his arms out, as if wanting to hug him.

He gladly walks over to Hia Lian to hug him. However, Hia Lian pulls him on to his lap as well. " Hia " he says quickly, surprised by the sudden action. " Let's stay like this for a while kitten " Hia Lian says. He can only agree with sitting on Hia Lian's lap as they hug. And if he's honest, he really likes it. He finds it comforting.

Hia Lian starts to gently play with his hair, humming some unknown song. Helping him calm down from all of the events that happened today. They stay this way for a while until Hia Lian stops hugging him. " I love you kitten " Hia Lian says randomly, causing a light shade of red to color his cheeks. " I love you to Hia " he quietly says.

            Hia Lian smiles as he gently caresses his cheek. Hia Lian is looking at him with so much love and care. That he almost questions if he's imagining it or not. He finds himself smiling as he looks at Hia Lian. " I like the way you are looking at me " he quietly whispers.

            Hia Lian lightly laughs. " And what way would that be kitten " Hia Lian gently asks him. " You look at me with so much love and care. Y-you make me " he pauses trying to find the words to express how it makes him feel. However, he struggles for a while to come up with a word to describe how he's feeling. " I think you make me feel special " is what he eventually decided on saying.

WC: 896