35

Kuea had passed out from pure exhaustion. Jane, Hia Lian's mother had given him a sedative after he passed out to keep him asleep for as long as his body needed to rest. He had been asleep for 2 straight days.

            When he wakes up, he feels someone holding on to his hand. Turning to look and see who it is, he sees Diao. He immediately remembers everything that happened. " You're awake finally " Diao says concerned. " Did you have another nightmare Kuea " he hears Win ask from the edge of the bed.

            He looks up towards the ceiling and quietly says " No ". Diao gently squeezes his hand. " You've been asleep for 2 days straight " Diao says quietly. " Oh " is all he can get himself reply.

            He hears Win stand up and walk over towards him. " Lets check you temperature shall we " Win says gently. So he opens his mouth, closing it once he has the thermometer in his mouth. When it beeps he takes it out of his mouth before handing it to Win.

            " 37°c ( 99°f ), that's really good. You are finally close to having a normal temperature ". He nods his head. " Can I leave this room " he whispers quietly. " As long as you bring the IV pole with you and not detach yourself from it " Win says.

            He hums in agreement before sitting up. Diao helps him stand, giving him the IV pole to support himself. Diao walks by his side while Win walks behind him as they leave the room. He feels like they're his bodyguards or something along that line.

            " Kuea, you're awake " Top says with a smile. " Yeah " he says quietly as he sits down at the table next to Hia Lian. " His temperature is 37°c. So when he asked if he could leave the room I agreed " Win says to everyone.

Diao sits down next to him before grabbing his hand like he did back in the room. " Did you have any nightmares " Hia Lian asks gently. He shakes his head no. " You're not talking that much. Is it still hard for you to do " Hia Yi asks him.

He thinks for a while before answering Hia Yi. " Y-yeah, a little " he quietly says. " Do you know the reason why it's been hard for you to talk " Jane asks him. The question makes him think back to the bathroom after he overheard the conversation, and how horrible he felt.

He bites his lip as he hesitantly nods his head. " Can you tell us " Hia Lian asks him gently. He takes a deep breath to try and calm himself down. He feels scared and anxious by the thought of telling them. " There's no need to be scared. We aren't going to be angry or upset with you. We just want to better understand your thought process so we can help you overcome this " Win says gently from behind him.

He lets go of Diao's hand before nervously fidgeting with his hands. Win gently grabs his shoulders as if to comfort him. " I just. I didn't want to make things worse " he whispers quietly. " What do you mean " Win gently asks him. " I-I " he stutters, trying to stop himself from crying.

He rubs his head as he slowly becomes frustrated with himself. " I forced myself into the room. I-I shouted and I fucked up. H-he was " he says quietly. He's unable to stop the tears the silently stream down his face.

" I talked to him and only made things worse " he says quietly. " You stopped talking because you thought you made things worse for me " Diao asks quietly. He's making Diao sad. He can see Diao on the verge of crying and he hates it. He hates it so fucking much.

He looks down at his hands and doesn't say anything else. He can't get himself to. It's just like he thought in the bathroom, when he talks he only causes problems. This is why it's still so hard for him to talk. Because if he only talks and causes problems then he just shouldn't talk at all.

            Jane walks over to him and slowly and quietly detaches the IV and pulls the needle from his hand before putting a small bandage on it. " Kuea, is that the reason it's difficult for you to talk. Or is there another one " Top asks him.

            He's unable to get himself to respond to Top. He's not sure he even wants to respond. " Can I have you eat something Kuea. You haven't had food in a long time " Jane asks before setting a blood bag down in front of him.

            He grabs the blood bag and just looks at it. " Please Kuea " he hears Win quietly whisper. He forces himself to take a deep breath before opening the blood bag. He has to take another deep breath to calm himself once the blood bag is opened.

            He closes his eyes before he starts to slowly drink the blood. Once he's done he sets it down on the table. " Progress, slow but steady progress " Diao says. He nods his head before taking a deep breath.

            " We might have something else we need to work on, but we will get you through this Kuea. We will help you recover and become happy like you deserve to be " Top says. He nods his head again before turning around to look at Win.

            He opens his mouth to try and ask Win to talk alone. However he quickly closes his mouth when he realizes that he's not going to be able to fully communicate what he wants. " Is there something you want Kuea " Win asks gently.

            He nods his head before standing up. Once he's standing he grabs ahold of Win's hand before turning to the others. He can pull Win away from the others but how can he stop them from following. " D-don't " he stutters quietly.

            " He wants to talk with Win alone " Black says. He turns to look at him and smiles. Trying to show that he's thankful for him saying that. When Black gently smiles at him and nods, he turns around and pulls Win with him.

            He pulls Win back into his room before closing the door. Once it's closed he pulls him to the edge of the bed so that they can both sit down on it. He doesn't let go of Win's hands as they sit down on the bed. " What do you need Kuea " Win asked gently.

            He takes a deep breath before quietly saying " It'll be easier ". Win smiles gently at him. " It's going to be easier to just talk with me alone. Rather then to everyone else " Win says. He nods his head. Win pulls him into a tight hug. " What do you want to say " Win asks.

WC:  1141