27

The next time Kuea opens his eyes, he finds himself standing right in front of himself as he hovers over his dead mother. " Turn around! You have to turn around Kuea " he shouts desperately, knowing what's going to come. However, he doesn't turn around.

            So he turns around himself to look. He sees Diao running towards him as his father slowly approaches from behind him, holding a sharp blade. " No Diao! Stop it! Don't do it " he screams as he begins to cry. He can only watch ad Diao shouts his name right before his father harshly stabs Diao in his back.

            The sight causes him to scream as he watches himself and Diao fall to the ground. He is able to see the large amount of blood coming from Diao's injury. And he can see the terror on his own face as he realizes that Diao has sacrificed himself for him.

            He finds himself rushing over towards himself and Diao. He holds his hand against Diao's injury as if it'll change anything that has happened. " You're so stupid Kuea! You should have turned around sooner! This wouldn't have happened and Diao would be perfectly ok " he shouts loudly as he cries.

            The next moment that he closes and opens his eyes, he finds himself back in his room with Hia Lian. He is crying just as he was in his nightmare. The nightmare that felt so real. His hands are shaking and he's finding it extremely difficult to calm himself down from the nightmare.

            Not wanting to wake Hia Lian up, he slowly and quietly makes his way out of the room and down the stairs to the dining room table. Where he sits down. " It was just a nightmare Kuea. Breathe. You need to breathe " he tries to say to himself in order to calm down.

            " No, that wasn't a nightmare! That actually happened " he says as tears continuously stream down his face. He looks down at his hands before looking at the bandage wrapped around his wrist. " I had this coming. I'm such a fuck up. I deserve this pain " he says angrily to himself as he harshly takes off the bandage.

            When it's off he looks down at the cuts. There's now bruises forming around them. " God fucking dammit " he says as he breaks down. The images of Diao getting stabbed in the back by his father are rushing through his head. As well as the images of Diao's blood on his hands.

            " Why'd you lock me out. Why'd you sacrifice yourself for me. Why can't I ever be happy. Why can't we just move forward and recover " he says as he continues to cry.  He looks at his injury. He starts to trace the cuts and bruises with his hand, wincing in pain as he does so.

            " Is this all I'm going to have to try and keep me going. I need you Diao. What happened to we get through this together. You can't just lock me out " he cries out as he sets his head down on the table. He feels so utterly helpless and broken.

            " Kuea, baby " he hears Hia Lian say gently, causing him to freeze. " Tell me what's wrong " he hears Hia Lian say as he walks over towards the table and to him. " Everything " is all he can manage to say as he sits up. When he sits up and meets eyes with Hia Lian, he's instantly pulled into a tight hug.

            " I think we should take what you've packed now and head back to the house. Diao's house can wait for another day and we can always come back here if you need anything else. I think you need to be with more then just me right now " Hia Lian says.

            " I'll get the box with my camera stuff. Can you carry the box with my clothes " he says as he continues to cry. He knows that there's no saying no to what Hia Lian said. " Alright. Let's get going ok baby " Hia Lian says gently, helping him stand up. He doesn't reply, he only walks up the stairs and back to his room. Where he grabs ahold of the box containing all of his camera things.

            He then follows Hia Lian down the stairs and to his car, putting the box in the backseat once they reach it. " We should get there by 8:00am " Hia Lian says as they both get into the car and buckle their seatbelts. He looks outside the window as he tries to get himself to stop crying. While Hia Lian keeps one hand on his leg the entire drive back to the house.

            The entire drive back to the house, he's unable to get himself to fully stop crying.  Although he's calmed down a lot, he can't help but replay the moment at the field, in his head.  " We're here baby " he hears Hia Lian say, pulling him from his thoughts.

            When he gets out of the car, he hesitates to go inside. However, Hia Lian is quickly by his side, gently guiding him to the house. He takes a deep breath, trying to prepare himself for anything that might happen once the door opens.

            However, nothing could prepare him for what he sees the moment the door opens. Standing in direct view of the front door he sees Diao. They make eye contact and look at each other silently. He watches as Diao looks him up and down before seeing him look at his wrist.

            He unconsciously covers his wrist, trying to hide the injury from Diao. This only causes Diao to rush off towards his room. He doesn't know what to do or how to even react to what just happened. So he just sits down on the ground, not wanting to walk any further into the house.

            Hia Lian quickly kneels down besides him, gently patting his back. " Kuea " he hears Win say concerned. It's his final straw. It's what causes him to breakdown and cry again. " He's really not doing good. He needed to be with more then just me. So I brought him back " Hia Lian tells Win.

            " What happened at the house " Win asks Hia Lian concerned as he makes his way over to them. When Win reaches him he has him stand back up, gently guiding him to the dining room table. Where Top and Black are. " He opened up a lot to me before we went to bed. Then I woke up to him not in the bed. I found him crying " Hia Lian informs everyone as the reach the table.

            Win has him sit down next to Top. Who gently grabs his arm and looks at his injury. " Win, he needs another bandage and you should check this again, it's bruising " Top says to Win. " Don't talk about it out loud, please. Im begging you. Don't do it " he quietly whispers, talking for the first time since arriving back at the house.

            " Kuea, what's going on. I haven't seen you act like this before. It's concerning " Black says at the same time that Win starts to check his injury and put a new bandage on his wrist. " God I don't want to talk about this again " he says quietly, looking down at his wrist as Win bandages it. " Which is why I agreed to saying it for you, remember " Hia Lian says, sitting down in the other side of him.

            " Last night I had asked him how he's doing. To which he replied that he was doing as bad as he was when Diao was asleep, maybe even worse. And honestly, I think it's worse based off of what I heard him say to himself when I found him this morning " Hia Lian says, causing him to freeze. " What else did he tell you last night Lian " Black asked. " He's unable to get the thought that he lost Diao, out of his head. Especially after what just happened yesterday ".

            " He went on to mention that the moment he fell back after Diao rushed to the room, that he felt like his mind was reset back to the past. When I asked him about when it was. He said that his kind got reset to the moment him and Diao fell in the field during the fight. That he feels the same fear and panic he did during the fight. He even says that he hid he was struggling with this ". He doesn't look at anyone as Hia Lian tells them about their conversation.

            " I thought that was the worst thing I could hear him say about how he felt. But after what I heard this morning, I realized just how wrong I was. That Kuea is struggling a lot more then anyone, even Diao can realize " Hia Lian says. He becomes nervous as Hia Lian talks about this morning, he has no idea what all he heard him say. " What did you hear him say " Top asks.

WC: 1504