Chapter 317: The Champion's Secret

Start from the beginning

Some thought of tailing him, but with his agile steps and nifty movements, not a single one was able to catch up. He leaped from roof to roof, not making a single sound whilst his expressions remained the same. The sun slowly descending behind him.

'Hm?' [Deltran]

It was subtle, but he was certain that something was off. Still, he didn't do anything unnecessary and simply continued treading along, a blur appearing and disappearing atop the high rise buildings, vanishing like a passing lie.

Plant boxes, windowsills, ropes, and missing tiles. The Champion used everything he could as a foothold as he descended towards a dark alley, not a single soul to be seen and only dust and pollen carried by the whispering winds lingering nearby.

The alleyway was silent like a cemetery, only the chirping of the little insects to be heard. Deltran soon halted his steps, heaving a lengthy and exasperated sigh whilst he faced the wall, irritation blooming in his heart.

"You can show yourself now." [Deltran]

Deltran's words danced in the air and the shadows danced along with it, yet another figure appeared from thin air. A black-haired young man with eyes as beautiful as amethyst. It was none other than Grey.

Grey wasn't even trying to hide himself, only using a bit of illusion magic to veil his figure yet not doing anything about his presence. It was not like he was trying to hide it anyway. He wasn't a stalker or anything of the sort.

"You should have called me out sooner if you've already sensed me." [Grey]

"Quit yapping. How could I not sense you when you're leaking such a conspicuous aura? Anyone with a brain would figure it out." [Deltran]

"Well, I thought I might as well repay the favor since you also watched our duo match secretly... Isn't that right, Lord Deltran?... Or should I say... Prince Lionel?" [Grey]

A serious tone was engraved in Grey's voice at the end of his statement, making the Champion flinch, quickly drawing his sword in a single second. His eyes were quickly invaded by wariness, ready to strike without hesitation.

He didn't know what Grey wanted, but he couldn't let his guard down. It wasn't just once or twice that he fought against mercenaries and assassins, and he always triumphed over them without fail, his sword laced with the blood of many,

"Ah, wait.... It seems you're misunderstanding something here. I'm not here to hurt you. Though a little unusual, I do have my reasons." [Grey]

"Reasons... Haha... Tell me who hired you." [Deltran]

"Hey, isn't that a little harsh? I really didn't come to harm you or anything," [Grey]

Or so he says, but his previous actions already contradicted everything he said. No matter where one looked at it, he was acting like a crazed stalker on his way to bring harm to the champion. Either that or he was a robber. Only one of the two.

With his words, the Champion was even more on guard, gripping his blade even tighter than before, cold sweat trickling down his forehead. The very moment Grey does something suspicious, his sword would lunge at his throat.

"I mean... If I really wanted to, you wouldn't still be standing here anymore. Have you forgotten already? I'm an S-ranker. I could blast you away along the whole of Avalon without much trouble. A single, powerful spell would be more than enough." [Grey]

Said Grey, ending his words with a terrifying and domineering smile. They were only words but they were even sharper than daggers, plunging straight to where it hurts. The Champion couldn't even retaliate.