Chapter 42: One must learn to listen if they wanted to be heard.

***

In a span of three years a lot of things had change. Zhan opened another branch of his restaurant and cafe in the Beijing. But his Shijie and Yuchen, they haven't had a child yet. Meanwhile Yuyuan stayed in Switzerland with his family. The omega founded an orphanage and had been tirelessly helping the people within the community where they live in. Yichen just turned 3 and Meixing started going to kindergarten.

Zhan is more than happy enough that he can now focus back managing his business. To be inside the kitchen again, to cook food for the costumer and bake to his heart's content.

Now he was preparing his husband's lunch. It felt like he was back in the days where he was pregnant with Meixing and he did this same thing. Ensuring that the alpha wouldn't missed nor skipped meals. The aunties were busy entertaining the active and beaming baby boy. They were busy chasing the three year old Yichen. He laughed when he remembered how the oldies looked so exhausted with their messy hair but those wide smiles never leave their faces. Yichen made them chased him nonstop. Doing what he had done exhausted his aunties, in return the boy made some flower crowns for each one of them.

He sighed and smiled when he received a text from Meng Ziyi. The beta became a model after a scout from a prestigious modeling company came to visit the restaurant and cafe. He remembered how the beta became flustered during that time. Ziyi even asked for his opinion. He didn't forced him to accept the man's offer. He simply advised her to do the thing that she wanted to do and no one could force her to do something which she hated. Few days later, the beta came to him handling him her resignation letter. Ziyi said she wanted to try and see if she could become a model and now, Ziyi became one of the supermodels in the fashion industry.

He's genuinely happy for her. He read the text.

'Zhan-Gonzhi I'm sorry if I cannot be with you all at this time. After finishing my shoot in Milan. I will go back home and pay a visit. I'll miss Meixing and Yichen. Take care of yourself Zhan-Gonzhi. '

He texted her back and roamed his eyes around the restaurant. This place remained bubbly as ever. His heart filled with gratitude seeing how his costumers smiled. Seeing how they were enjoying their food and services. He started his business when he was nineteen years old, gave birth when he's 20 and now at 25, he already had two kids and another branch in Beijing.

Shaking his head, he resumed what he was doing and by lunch time. He carried Yichen and decided to visit Yibo.

Of course, his face was known to the employees. They knew he's their boss's mate yet he cannot help but feel embarrass everytime he visited Yibo's company. The employees treated him nicely. They didn't humiliate him nor hear any prejudices from them. But they were treating him very kindly that it made him feel uncomfortable.

He smiled when he saw Secretary Wang. He turned to face Yichen.

"Yichen baby, say hi to your Uncle Wang."

Yichen smiled widely and greeted Secretary Wang enthusiastically. Secretary Wang smiled and ruffled the boy's hair. The alpha then turned to him and greeted him.

"President Wang is in his office, Zhan. He's waiting for the both of you."

He thanked the man. Secretary Wang exused himself then leave. Yichen still had this huge smile plastered on his face. His eyes were sparkling, fascinated by the furniture and the interiors. The baby boy even beamed when he saw the magazine being displayed in the corner. Yibo was in the cover page. The alpha was sitting in his chair, staring fiercely at the camera while wearing his suit. Crossed legs as his fingers intertwined beneath his chin. The background was no doubt inside his office but due to lightning. It created a shadow and a gloom atmosphere and it seemed there was a ray of light picking from the window, directly hitting Yibo's face. He seemed like a predator who stayed in the corner and those who will see this magazine were his prey. Captivating them with his dominance and this certain aura which only Yibo could pulled in. The aura of nobility. It seemed like he was scrutinizing everyone with his stare but along with his office's background. It screamed power and oozing with pride.