Chapter 10: He's not just an omega, He's an omega.

***

President Wang raised his hand, signaling the presenter at the center to stop talking. The employee was an alpha yet he wasn't dominant neither a pure breed alpha like their boss, so he can still feel his knees trembling and his system being ruled by nervousness. He was thinking, if maybe there's something wrong about his presentation. He was tasked to report the progress about the undergoing construction of a hotel, in Huangpu District.

The whole room became silent. No one dares to talk. No one dares to agitate their boss who had a cold expression and was in a sour mood already.

But Yibo didn't silent the poor alpha guy, for the reason that he sensed that there's something wrong about his reports. They were all precise and there were no loopholes. The guy worked proficiently. He might praise him later, for his hard work. He did that, for Zhan was calling. He doesn't want the omega to think that he was disturbing him at work or might overthink again.

"Yibo? Am I disturbing you? If yes, l'll call you again-

"No, you're  not."

The alpha hurriedly replied. He can sensed the reluctancy in Zhan's voice and he doesn't want Zhan to think that way. Thinking himself as a hindrance or a bother, in his work even though he's not.

Zhan smiled brightly and nodded his head,  even though the alpha cannot see his reaction and Yibo can somehow pictured it out the omega's reaction. He knew that Zhan was smiling at this very moment.

"I just want to know if you wanted to accompany me for my check up, on Friday." - Zhan stopped taking. Sensing that it his words seemed to inappropriate, he hurriedly took those claims back." Nevermind, you don't have to... You're busy. Uhmm, I can asked Aunt Cheng to accompany me."

Zhan's cheeks flush red and the redness from the tips of his ears, slowly traveled down his neck. How silly of him, Yibo, he's not the father of his child, so he doesn't have the responsibility to accompany him during his check ups with his obgyne.

Yibo's lips curved up, forming into a gentle smile. Everybody except Secretary Wang had this eyes wide open, was utterly shock after seeing their boss reaction. Even such an early age, Wang Yibo was already precocious and prudent. It was unusual for him to behave this way, smiling gently and talking tenderly with a person, in a call. The icy temperament changed into spring. They can imaginatively see their pure breed dominant alpha boss surrounded by flowers as he spoke with whomever the person he's talking to... through a phone call.

Yibo who wasn't aware of their reaction turned his back away. Zhan's panicking reaction was a bit adorable for him. He wanted to tease the other guy but chose not to. Instead, forced himself not to laugh and talked in a serious tone and manner.

" I can. Be with me and don't bother Aunt Cheng."

Zhan was stunned and a bit dumbfounded by the alpha's reply and with a soft voice, seemed a little bit at loss, he simply said, "Okay."

Yibo waited for a few minutes, for Zhan to hung up the call, yet he didn't.

"Zhan?"

The omega was still in daze but with he heard the alpha's voice again, he regain his consciousness. He bit his lips. He still feels reluctance, whether to inform the alpha that he prepared his lunch or not.

"I asked Mr. Mu to deliver your lunch later. "

Hearing this, Yibo's forehead creased and his smile immediately faded away. It's not that, he dislikes it when Zhan cooked for him, but his nearing seven months. He was just worried that something might happen to the baby and to Zhan.