Chapter 20: Healing Process Part 1

***

Zhan massaged his temples. Yuyuan's stepmother came today, creating a scene at his mate's residence. Thankfully the security team dragged the woman away before she could continue to harass Zhan and Aunt Cheng. Mrs. Xiao came to him, demanding to let her son go, accusing him of imprisoning his stepbrother.

Yuyuan went missing a few months ago. No one could contact him and he didn't bother to contact him either, for he had no reason to... What makes him even more annoyed? The accusations of Mrs. Xiao. He cut ties with their family. He had nothing to do with Yuyuan's disappearance.

His cafe had a grand opening and his restaurant re-opening. He also hired more staff, chefs, and pastry chefs.

He was thankful for everyone's help and treated them to a meal. Of course, he wanted to pay them but the whole neighborhood didn't dare to take the money with them. Zhan was stubborn but the Aunties and Uncles were more stubborn than he was. So in the end, he can only shake his head and would try to persuade them in the future. For he won't be at ease if he cannot pay them all. It will make him feel uneasy and even feel that he has wronged them. Taking advantage of their help.

He was thankful that Meixing wasn't around when Mrs. Xiao came here earlier. He was with his employee, Xuan Lu, and his Shijie was taking care of the baby. As for Xiaobao, he made sure that he had his leash on. They cannot afford for that woman to get hurt by Xiaobao. For they will never be at ease if his father trespasses here, demanding for his dog to get killed and he wasn't a fool to follow everything that he'll say, him and his wife.

For now, he'll go and meet the supplier of seafood at the pier. Who could have thought that after Zhoucheng came to pick up the supplies with their truck, heavy rain poured down?

Zhan had decided to stay there saying that he needed to buy something for Yibo and the baby. So Zhoucheng didn't force the omega to leave with him.

For some reason, Zhan started to regret his decision, not to hop inside the truck with Zhoucheng. Right now, he was standing outside the flower shop,  sheltering himself from the rain. He looked up in the sky, to see the dark clouds spreading, dominating, as heavy rain continued to fall.

He started to feel uneasy. The scent of the sea, along with the essence of the dry land after being struck by intense rainfall. Also with the fragrance of lavenders. Combining the scent, brought horrible memories. He remembered the scent of the pheromones which he loathed. He shivers from fear, when he felt that, it seemed there was a hand caressing him. A touch that made him flinched from disgust. With vigilant eyes, he glanced left and right and breathe when he confirmed that he was the only one standing in front of that shop.

Gripping at the familiar handkerchief tied around his wrist, Zhan sought comfort, and that piece of fabric, made his rapid breathing, calm a bit.

But fate wasn't on his side for today. He wished for the rain to halt. He wanted to witness the blue sky and feel the warmth of the sun, basking him, caressing his skin soothingly. But as what he sees? That won't happen. He wanted the good weather to come back. For he thought that if he sees that view again, the fear that was slowly crawling, attempting to escape from its concealment will finally stop. With this weather? Dark and gloomy surroundings, heaven aggrieved, pouring out its tears, drifting them on its sadness and rage. He feared that his fears will intensify and he was right.

Moments later, he can feel himself, struggling to breathe. It felt like there was a leash around his neck, hindering him to escape from this nightmare. It felt like he was back to square one, no he was back to zero. He thought that as time passes by, he will eventually forget those unpleasant memories. But no, they kept their selves hidden or it was right to say, that he kept them all hidden inside of him. He thought, that he can do it. He thought that he was tough enough but he was wrong.