Chapter 29: The Pungent Smell of his Pheromones

***

Everything was quite good as what Zhan had expected. Though his estrus (heat) came a month sooner that what he had expected. It was triggered by Yibo's susceptibility (rut) because of that, their vacation was extended for two more days. His face kept flushing red everytime he recalled what happened within a week. They did it a lot of times. What Zhan fears in this time? He might conceive. The knot happened and it was their honeymoon. He will die because of embarrassment. If it happens, Meixing will have another sister or brother.

Once an alpha knotted his/her omega during his/her heat, the fertility rate will advance to almost 100%. In addition to that, Yibo was also experiencing his rut. Zhan bit his lips hard but let go with the fear that Yibo might be mad at him, after seeing a cut on his lips.

He felt the tightening on his waist. Looking down, he saw his husband's arms wrapped around his waist. He felt his breathe on his nape making him shivers.

"You keep being silent, Love. What's the matter?"- Yibo asked being concern.

Zhan sighed then turned around. He didn't dare to look at his husband straight in the eyes. He was avoiding his eyes because of that, he looked like he was in an odd situation. Refusing to meet Yibo's gaze, biting his lower lip and blushing.

"Look at me."

But instead of following Yibo's words, he kept his head low. Seeing Zhan's stubbornness, Yibo didn't feel irritated. Instead, Zhan looked adorable in his perspective. He held and lifted the omega's chin, making sure that he wouldn't avoid his gaze. 

"Tell me Baby. What's bothering you?"- This time Yibo asked in a soothing voice.

"I-tt's  just hmmm- when we did it, you k-knotted me. I am just..."

Despite of their position, Zhan tilted his head to the side, refusing to make eye contact with his husband. He cannot finish his sentence for he was stammering and really felt shy and embarrassed. Those inappropriate images popped inside his mind. So the least he can do to avoid any further embarrassment, he buried his face on Yibo's chest. Embracing because he kept on stammering and blushing at the same time. He didn't know what's on his alpha's mind now. He cannot read Yibo's mind and he didn't dare to look at Yibo straight in the eyes.

"You're afraid that you'll get pregnant because of what happened, right?"

Hearing Yibo's remark, Zhan didn't say a word and instead nodded his head. Looking at Yibo, he had a troubled expression written all over his face.

"I'm sorry."

He looked at Yibo wide-eyes. He didn't knew that his husband would apologize for what had happened. He wasn't blaming Yibo. He understood clearly from the beginning. Both of them wanted what happened. So if he get pregnant again, he'll accept it, if that's what fate had decided for him.

He cupped his husband's face. Looking straight into his eyes. "Yibo, instead of being sorry why not feel grateful? " He smiled and then laughed. "I'm just embarrassed. By the time that the child will born, Meixing will turn two. With the two of them having one year interval. I... I"

Zhan cannot finish his statement because his cheeks flushed red. He cannot speak no more because of embarrassment.

Yibo lips curved up. Seeing Zhan's shyness  was entertaining. His long eyelashes casting shadows under the ray of the sunlight. Those fair cheeks  which were painted red. His big round eyes while looking at him the hint of shyness and innocence. Yibo cannot resist then caged the omega in his arms. Zhan was so precious to him.