Chapter 5: The Uninvited Quest

***

"Mr. Wang?"

Seeing the alpha sitting on the chair, inside his restaurant Zhan was really taken aback. He took a glance at his wrist watch and saw that it was just 8 o'clock in the morning, yet Mr. Wang was here. Zhan rushed and approached him with a smile on his face.

He cannot help but smile by the alpha's appearance. His hair was brushed neatly backwards and he wore glasses and his signature look, in black suit. His face always had that aura of coldness. It was still the same.

"Mr. Xiao" - the alpha greeted and bowed down his head.

Zhan panicked and looked around, Ziyi and Bowen were looking at him raising their eyebrows, hands crossed in their chest and had that silly smile on their face. Zhan blushed and instantly feel shy. The alpha was too formal and it made him uncomfortable so he spoke.

"Please Mr. Wang drop the formality. You don't need to do that."

Biting his lips Zhan glanced up and saw the alpha nodded his head. His face remained expressionless, but his voice changed, there was a hint of playfulness on it.

"Then stop calling me Mr. Wang. You said, there's no need for formalities or did I heard it wrong?"

Zhan glared at the alpha. Yibo looked at him amused. It was the first time for Zhan to react this way. So Yibo cannot help but tease him. But fixed his reaction when he was about to break out a smile.

Realization what he was doing, Zhan looked away. He wasn't like this and it made him feel embarrassed. Also, the alpha seemed on teasing him which he found unusual. It was also a bit awkward, he had this expressionless face but his gestures and voice were different and playful.

But surprisingly he found himself keeping such temper and even became grumpy. Well, it wasn't his fault, blame his hormones for this.

He bit his lips, gathered his courage and looked up, meeting the alpha's gaze. Then burst. "Then you have to do the same. Stop calling me Mr. Xiao."

Yibo nodded his head in satisfaction. He was glad that he can see this side this side of Zhan and the usual smiling face. Though he likes to see Zhan smiling. He won't bad if he saw the different side of him. Though he started to become grumpy and he keeps on glaring at him. For Yibo's eyes, he looked adorable. But he had decided to stop for the time being. Zhan might change his mind and decided to distant himself away from him. He doesn't want it to happen. So he regained his composure and started to become serious once again.

Zhan sighed. It was a bit rude to keep on glaring the alpha. Yibo had decided to stop teasing him, so he should stop being this grumpy and mean.

"By the way, what's brought you here, Mr... I mean Yibo. What's brought you here?" - Zhan asked while fixing his apron, tying the knot tightly and tucked a few strands of hair behind his ear.

That gestured made Yibo focus solely diverted towards the omega. There was a warm aura enveloping Zhan. He had his head slightly down, staring at the side, bring his side profile on the view. In Yibo's eyes, Zhan was glowing. He doesn't know such a simple gesture can become so beautiful in his eyes.

"Yibo?"

Yibo gritted his teeth and fake a cough. His grip on the chair in front of him tightened. He needed to calm down. Loosening his neck tie slightly he cleared his throat and spoke.

"I came here to give you something."

Hearing this, Zhan raised his eyebrow and maneuver his body to the front and looked at the alpha, with anticipation reflecting his eyes. He tried to act calmly but his eyes can't lie.