Chapter 16: Meeting Grandfather Wang

***

Big round eyes stared at him. The golden fur coat shines under the ray of the sun. Its tail waving side by side and its tongue was hanging low, panting and barking with the enthusiasm for Zhan to pet him.

Zhan shook his head. His alpha gave this golden retriever to him, early in the morning. The man reasoned that it would be good for him to take care of this dog. He was left all alone during the nighttime. It wouldn't be too safe for him to be alone. Yibo suggested for he take this golden retriever as his pet. To accompany him, to be his protector and somehow divert his attention not solely to managing his restaurant. A friend of his said that it would be a great him for Zhan to recover from his trauma if he kept this dog as his pet.

Zhan likes cats more than dogs but he certainly loves this cute little guy in front of him. He cannot attempt to chase this dog away nor give it back to Yibo and he can also tell that this furry creature likes him too.

Xuan Lu and the others also agreed with Yibo's decision. Zhan at first, he was hesitating. He's pregnant, he might become forgetful sometimes and neglect to feed and take care of this furry little thing. But in the end, he gave in. Maybe it wasn't that bad to keep this one as his pet.

During lunchtime, it took him by surprise when Yibo visited him and feed Xiaobao. He decided to call his pet, Xiaobao. He thought that it would be cute for him to call this hyper dog.

Yibo also thought he'll help Zhan to take care of him. The omega wouldn't worry too much about neglecting to feed his dog. For he will ensure to it, that he'll do that job. Zhan would only worry about how to keep himself busy, to stroll around with his pet and bond with it.

Zhan shook his head smiling. He had this thought. This was one of the reasons, why he was reluctant to keep Xiaobao as his pet. He might neglect his responsibilities to take care of himself. It would be a pity if this dog would always be left starving. With his mind full of thoughts about how to manage his business and restaurant. Also with his worry, about his nearing due date. Two months from now, his little princess will be born.

But then, his alpha knew what he was thinking. He felt a little bit guilty. Yibo was a busy man. He had businesses and his company to take care of, and now, he dedicated himself, to feeding Xiaobao. Making the little creature won't starve.

So in return, Zhan will also make sure that the alpha won't starve himself. He should stop skipping his meals.

He made sure that the alpha ate as much as it's possible. Made sure he felt full before leaving.

The people inside the restaurant chased him away. He was stubborn, intervening and meddling with others' work. He just wanted to help them. Bowen was the one who urged the other to let him stroll around. The omega said that he's the boss and the owner of this establishment, and he shouldn't intervene with other people's work. Instead, he sure relaxes.

So wearing a cap and comfortable rubber shoes, he put Xiaobao on a leash and dragged him to accompany him. He kept rolling his eyes. He seemed affected by Zhoucheng's mannerism.

Xiaobao was a good boy, keeping him entertained and making him smile. But that it wouldn't take long for him to have some headache. Xiaobao struggled to break free from his hold, running away.

Zhan gritted his teeth, grinding his jaws. He will take his words back. Xiaobao wasn't a good boy.

"Xiaobao! Come back here!"

He yelled, fixing his cap as he chased after the dog. He found Xiaobao sitting in front of an old man, barking while wiggling his tail in pure enthusiasm.