Chapter 315: Fame and Challengers

Start from the beginning

Their journey continued and they met several more friendly faces along the way. They received more free treats and some even requested their autographs. The morning had just started yet they were already quite exhausted.

Exhaustion which only grew the moment they arrived at the Colosseum. It has only been a couple days since they took some days off, yet the colosseum already looked quite a bit different, or rather... The atmosphere was very different.

"Wha... What the hell is this...?" [Grey]

For once, there were a lot of people lining up towards the colosseum, both civilians and swordsmen alike. People whose eyes lit up immediately as soon as they spotted the trio walking towards the reception. They were mostly excited.

"That's them, right? They really are young, as I've heard."

"Hooh~ To think that young lass was the one who defeated Jackson... Interesting..."

"Kukuku! What magnificent youth! You will be perfect for my debut!"

They were totally staring at them, the swordsmen especially eager as they smiled. Their fighting spirits were all over the place, eyes burning with determination. Some were even on another level, possessing sickness which couldn't be cured.

The trip continued inside and there was an even longer line to be seen, all counters filled to the brim with eager swordsmen. The receptionists were busy bees buzzing here and there to fulfill their desires, smiling even though they were tired.

"A-Ah! Your Highnesses! Good morning! Are you here to fight today?"

The receptionist asked and all ears were on them. They didn't even pretend to not be listening, shamelessly eavesdropping on the conversation. There was no need to ask any more. With how enthusiastic people were, trouble was sure to come.

"Well, yeahー" [Grey]

"Ohh! Did you hear that?! They're going to fight again today!"

"Great! Looks like we are going to see something interesting again today!"

"Oi! No cutting in lines, you bastards! I'll be the one to fight Their Highnesses first!"

"Dream on! I already sent a challenge letter many days ago! I'm going first!"

The hall descended into chaos, excited crowds clamoring and making a ruckus to the point their voices could barely be heard anymore. Everyone was full of excitement, people rushing in even more as the rumors spread around like wildfire.

Grey couldn't even finish his word and all sort of twisted gossip had already rang out towards the open streets. They don't even dare to imagine what they were on about, knowing it will only lead to more headaches for them. It was pandemonium.

"Hohoho! The money is pouring in! The money is pouring in!" [Hansen]

And in that pandemonium, one person stood out like a sore thumb, laughing like a maniac as he watched the customers pour in. There were literal money signs in his eyes, acting like how any merchant would. He was the Administrator of the colosseum.

One way or another, with the power of Lisandra's privilege, they managed to squeeze themselves through and sign up for today's battles. And with that finished, they then headed straight towards their waiting room to seek refuge.

Click Clack Creakkkk

"Haah... That was tiring, wasn'tー Eh?" [Lisandra]

They opened the door, and what awaited them was a surprise. It wasn't a present nor a renovation to their room, rather, there was a person waiting in there. A person who shouldn't have been there, was right before their eyes.