Chapter 311: A Break from Fighting (pt. II)

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to order some more. Do you want anything else too, Grey, Lisa? Some drinks or refreshments, maybe?" [Yuna]

"Hmm... I'll have another serving of buttered lobsters, I guess..." [Grey]

"I'm already full so I will pass." [Lisandra]

"Okay, got it... Waiter~!" [Yuna]

By Yuna's call, one of the waiters approached them and took their orders, and just in time, the music played in the background again and another set of performers went up the stage, all draped in shawls this time around.

They ate, they watched performances, they clapped, and had some delicious treats together. It was a wonderful lunch filled with smiles, stories, and laughter ringing over the dining tableー and well, a little bit of shenanigans to spice things up.

The sun soon started to sink down from the horizon, and their lunch was soon over. With a full stomach and satisfied smiles, they exited the restaurant and headed out to the streets again, greeted by the liveliness and the gentle sunlight once more.

"Then, since our plans were interrupted before, should we continue our tour? Let's go to the Museum!" [Lisandra]

"Un! Let's go!" [Yuna]

The ladies punched their hands towards the sky and went full speed ahead. As they headed towards their destination, they swung by a couple stalls, buying a handful of items, and by items, they were snacks and spices for their eating needs.

Just like the other establishment they visited before them, the museum was also just as grand. The roofs were high, the pillars were massive, and so was the entrance. A large number of people, locals and tourists alike, heading inside the place.

And as one would expect from such a valuable building, there were a number of guards laced all over the place, assigned by the kingdom itself. There weren't just soldiers, but knights as well, patrolling and securing the place, making it the second most heavily guarded place in the Royal Capital.

Normally, kingdoms would place their treasures inside the their treasuries hidden inside the Royal Castle, but Graystone was somewhat different. Though they still have a Royal Treasury, they also have a museum to showcase their long history.

"Waah~! So many swords! It's like the Garden of Glory!" [Yuna]

"Yeah... Many of them are the real deal as well." [Grey]

"Oh? You noticed?" [Lisandra]

"Just a blacksmith's intuition, plus, no matter how secure the place is, it's still too risky to display them in public. Hahaha." [Grey]

That was a lie. Grey just used his eyes and he could differentiate what were real and what were fakes, things dotted all over the place and protected by extremely tough cases which were protected by powerful barriers and similarly powerful arrays.

Though most of the items displayed were real, those which are Legendary-Grade and above are stored in the Royal Treasury. They cost billions of kiels, after all. It would surely make a dent in the nation's wealth in the event it were to be stolen. It would be a national crisis for sure.

"Grey, look at this sword! Doesn't this look cool?" [Yuna]

"Yuna, you really do have an eye for swords! Here, this one's my favorite! What do you think?" [Lisandra]

"It looks amazing! The dragon on the hilt makes it even more so!" [Yuna]

And off they go, the young ladies heading left and right all over the place as they admired all manners of swords. If Yuna were an alchemy maniac, the same could also be said for Lisandra. The only difference was that her fascination is for swords.