Chapter 89

"That's what I used to think too."

Aella turned around in shock to find a middle-aged woman leaning against the wall in the shadows. The woman walked forward, revealing herself out of the shadows.

"Woah...who the hell are you?", Aella asked instantly.

"Some who's going to protect you. I need you to come with me.", the woman stated as she tied up her red hair.

"Tell me your name first.", Aella demanded.

"You're a stubborn one, aren't you?", the woman let out a light chuckle.

"Better stubborn than sorry. By the way that you're holding that knife behind you're back, it's quite clear that you are being hostile toward me. Don't you think so?", Aella asked as she stood up.

The woman had a sinister smirk on her face, before charging at Aella. Aella quickly dodge and grabbed the woman's hand and placed it behind her back. Aella stretched her hand out to the vase in her room and it immediately came into the palm of her hand, Aella smashed the vase on the woman's head. The woman immediately broke free from Aella's grip and she turned around to find no one there.

The woman let out a dry laugh and looked around the room.

"I had no idea that pixies also exist, I'm pretty sure that...I killed the last pixie, her name was Emilia Flammia. I wonder if that sounds familiar to you, it was your mother.", the woman stated. "You remind me a lot of my sister, she was a fighter, just like you."

The woman knelt to look under the bed and immediately Aella appeared behind the woman and held her in a choke lock.

"You talk too much.", Aella grunted as she tried to hold the woman with all of her strength.

The woman pointed her gun at Aella, but Aella used her other hand to take it away. The woman got angry and started to charge backward, pushing

"NO!", Aella exclaimed immediately and shut her eyes tight quickly.

All Aella could hear was glass breaking and the woman grunting in pain, everything went silent after that. Aella opened her eyes slowly to find a beautiful brunette standing in the middle of the room, appearing strangely familiar. The woman took in a deep breath before walking towards Aella, Aella immediately started to crawl backward.

"It's okay, Jazz is dead.", Zoey said calmly as she knelt next to Aella.

Aella looked over to the dead body with a cut on her neck as the blood flowed with a silver knife stuck in her stomach and her eyes wide open.

"I- I don't care!", Aella yelled and cowered up. "Who the hell are you and what is going on?", Aella questioned.

"This might seem hard to believe...but...I'm Blaze's mother. Alexa is my sister-in-law and Damien worked as a personal assistant under my husband before Alex gave him the company. And as for Jazz, she was my sister and I am the descendant of Queen Mary.", Zoey stated.

"How can you say that so easily with no evidence to give?", Aella asked her with a skeptical look plastered on her face.

"If I wanted to kill you, you would have been dead as soon as Blaze drove away.", Zoey stated.

"Then why couldn't you save me at the same time?!", Aella exclaimed.

"I needed to take out the guards that came with Jazz..", Zoey said as she stood up and looked out the window.

"Makes sense.", Aella shrugged.

"Come on, we've got to leave, right now. There are reinforcements.", Zoey stated as she opened Aella's room door and started to walk through the passage.

"Wait...What about my dad?", Aella asked as she grabbed her backpack and dumped her stuff in, including her vampire book.

"He'll be okay, Alex will talk to him when he's sober.", Zoey stated as she grabbed a beer and a cloth.

"Those reinforcements are going to break in here any moment!", Aella exclaimed.

"They're going to a house a couple of blocks from here and nobody lives there.", Zoey stated as she grabbed a lighter.

"How is that possible?", Aella asked.

"Hypnosis.", Zoey stated and winked at Aella. "Keep this with you, just make sure to not turn on the lighter.", Zoey stated as she passed the beer bottle, cloth, and lighter to Aella.

.

.

.

Aella angled her body to face the window and leaned her head on it.

"May I ask where are we going?", Aella asked hesitantly.

"I'm taking you to my house.", Zoey said.

The atmosphere became awkward again.

"So...you're a pixie?", Zoey asked.

"Yeah... My dad...he's always been protective, but after my mom died in an accident...but I guess Jazz killed her...", Aella's voice cracked.

"Everything changed.", Zoey said softly. "How did you manage to cope?", she asked.

"I went into underground fighting.", Aella said softly. "Easy money.", she gave off an awkward laugh. "Did you lose your mother too? Never mind...just forget I said anything."

"No, it's all good. Uhm...I did lose my mother...she died of cancer when I was eleven. I became a vigilante at the age of nineteen and... that's when I met Alex, the love of my life. I have a question for you.", Zoey said as she reached out her hand to the backseat and took out a bag full of snacks, passing it you Aella.

"Sure, what is it?", Aella asked as she opened the bag and passed a chocolate bar to Zoey.

"How long have you two been dating?", Zoey asked instantly.

Aella stayed silent.

"Woah! You guys haven't dated?!", Zoey exclaimed and immediately stopped the car.

Aella let out a light chuckle.

"You see...I had a crush on Blaze...forever. When we were younger, I would sketch his portrait and send love letters to him as a secret admirer, but he suspected it was Zara, so when he asked her, she immediately said yes, even though she was the one that put me up to it. She said that it would be best if I could express my feeling for him. So...when I thought I was over him and I had the courage to warn him about her, it all faded...and before I knew it...I was in love.", Aella said.

"You're a strong girl, Aella. I give you that. To be honest...I always thought that pixies were mischievous but you proved yourself different.", Zoey stated.

"Well...basically...a lot of people call me mischief .", Aella laughed.

"Aella...I have a favor to ask of you.", Zoey said. "I need you to stay away from Blaze, not to love him, because he is in danger. If you two are together and you guys are madly in love, the first leverage would be you.", Zoey said.

"What are you trying to imply?", Aella asked.

"We found you because...Queen Mary had a close friend, and that was your great-grandmother. Aella, I saw what happened in the car. But I need you to push him away so that he would be safe.", Zoey said. "I want him to leave with us."

Aella's body went cold.