Chapter 17

"Do you know why he wanted to bring you to the mansion?", Damien asked

"No, why?", she asked, turning her head to look at him.

"He's trying to protect you.", he said making the mood serious.

"And how? By locking me in that house and trusting his ex-swine over me?", she asked as she scoffed.

"There are people...dangerous people who also know you're secret.", Damien said as he held the steering wheel tight making his whites white now.

"They know what I do...?", she asked in concern.

"Yes. And that's why he's kept you there, your father and friends are safe, but...I think it's best if you talk to him, he would explain it better."

"I...Please just drive me to the airport.", she said as she turned her body at an angle facing the window while her head rested on her elbow.

They reached the airport.

"Well...I guess this is it...?", Damien asked quietly.

"Yeah...I guess so, I enjoyed training with you. Goodbye...", she said as she gave him a tight hug and he hugged back.

She was about to leave when she heard a voice.

"ZOEY! WAIT!", she heard a voice stopping her.

Zoey's eyes widened in shock to see that Alexander Griffin was running after her, with beads of sweat running down his brow and his heavy breathing. He came like a storm, he looked desperate. It took her a while to come to her senses, but that wasn't enough, she was still confused about why he was there.

"Wha...what are you doing here-", she said before he could grab her forearm, pulling her close to his chest.

"Keep quiet. Don't say anything...I...I can't do this without you...Before...it was too late to realize how I feel deep down inside.", he said and he hugged her and gently caressed her hair."I'm also sorry for believing her over you. I found out what happened...Please stay with me, Zoey.."

Zoey was left speechless, she placed both her arms against his chest, trying to create room between them, but he held her wrist in one hand and held her waist with another.

"W..we..-"

She was cut off as he took his ice-cold palms and placed them on both sides of her face and kissed her deeply.

"I love you, Zoey."

.

.

.

Earlier on

Zoey tilted her head as she threw the bat on the floor and looked at Alex, who tended to Sabrina. Sabrina woke up and she pulled Alex down for a kiss while Zoey stood there in shock. Zoey walked away and went into her room as her eyes started to glow, and she packed her bags.

(Enough of this shit.), she thought to herself as she was now leaving the house.

But she felt a hand grab her.

"What the hell Zoey!", Alex shouted at her, but she wasn't shaken by his loud voice.

"I don't want to be here anymore.", she said as she started to tear up, hiding her face away from him.

"That doesn't give you the right to hit her with a bat on her head, knocking her out cold!", he roared at her.

"Let. Go. Of. Me.", she commanded as her eyes started to glow brightly again. "You will never find me and you will not touch me again unless I allow it.", she said as her eyes glowed deeply which left him in a trance-like state.