Chapter 28

Lily's POV

"Lily...Lily?", a voice woke me up and out of my daydreaming, which made him chuckle, as his dimples pressed in, showing his beautiful pearls. A perfect smile any girl would dream of having in a man. "Daydreaming again, huh?", Dante asked as he ruffles my hair.

He knew I hated it, he just probably wanted to make my day more miserable than anything else. I groaned as I realized I had to redo my hair again, but before I could, I slapped his back playfully, but hard.

"What the hell Dante! You know I don't like my hair to be touched or ruffled.", I added as I tried to brush through my ginger hair curls. "I'm so getting you for this!", I yelled at him.

"Woah, easy tiger, you got to go to work in a few minutes, we wouldn't want to ruin that gorgeous look of yours now, would we?", he said as his dimples pressed in again and he winked at me.

Dante, Zoey, and I have been friends for longer than we could all remember. We don't even bother to dwell on it. I've always liked Dante in the past, but I never had the courage to talk to him about my feelings from a young age, since I thought he had a crush on Zoey. She is perfect and pretty, who wouldn't like her? But I tried to be the best friend I could and I didn't bother to tell Zoey how I felt about Dante. When he had to move out into the city, I regretted not acting.

As soon as Zoey had to move out of town with her boyfriend she had not told me about it, which I will definitely get her for that! Dante came back... and I had to deal with this alone, without her, maybe I became too dependent on Zoey, well...who cares, as long as she doesn't, right?

Dante came back, he looked different...hotter to be exact. He had the most amazing brown hair ever, the hair I wanted to play with forever! Even though he was lean, he had a toned body with muscles everywhere. When he came back I already knew it was him, but it just felt like a dream come true.

Just then, I held my forehead after feeling a sharp sting on it, caused by Dante.

"Oww Dante!", I yelped in pain as I pushed my glasses back up with my index finger.

"What? You keep staring into space, what if you get knocked the next time?", he stated as he started to burst out laughing.

"At least I won't have you annoying me.", I stated as I started to glare at Dante who now threw his hands up in the air in surrender.

"So... I'm going to my mother is throwing a gala tonight, and I would love for you to come.", he told me as he handed me out an invitation which was pure black, with gold cursive writing in it.

I opened it up and looked back at him. I started to continue walking and he quickly followed behind me, trying to keep up in my tracks like a lost and confused puppy.

"I would expect you to hand something like this to Zoey, not me.", I stated as I put my hands in the pockets of my coat to feel warm.

"You can invite her if you want, but that invitation is for you mainly...", Dante's voice trailed off and made me stop in shock as my eyes widened.

"What...?", I asked him quietly.

I didn't know whether to be more confused about the fact that he didn't invite Zoey, even though she 'is' our best friend or the fact that he invited me. We shared a moment of silence until I decided to break the ice.

"Anyways....it doesn't matter, but you should have invited her because you know that she means a lot to me.", I stated as I started to cross the road.

"I know...I'm so sorry....", was the last thing I heard until a loud honk interrupted him.