Chapter 74

Alex and Zoey got on the motorcycle. Alex drove Zoey through the quiet streets, leaving Zoey confused.

"This is not the direction back, where are we going?", Zoey asked.

Alex closed the door after him and followed behind Zoey.

"I'm taking you out on a date, m'lady.", Alex stated.

"What?", Zoey laughed.

"You heard me right. It's been a long time since we had a peaceful night with no worries, so...here we are.", Alex stated as he parked the motorcycle.

Zoey's mouth was wide open and so were her eyes.

"Oh my god...This...", Zoey's voice trailed off.

"Yes, the last date we had.", Alex stated as he grabbed hold of Zoey's hand and interlocked fingers with her. "Are you ready?", Alex asked.

Zoey nodded and they both started to walk. They reached the ice cream shop, and Zoey smiled warmly.

"What are you thinking about?", Alex asked.

"Don't you read minds?", Zoey questioned.

"I do, but I would love it if you could express how you feel right now.", Alex stated as he looked at the menu.

"I feel so nostalgic and happy right now.", Zoey stated as she leaned in and placed a light kiss on Alex's lips.

"I'm happy.", Alex stated. "I would like to order two Oreo ice creams please.", Alex said to the waiter behind the teller.

.

.

.

"You're ready for the next best thing?", Alex asked Zoey.

She nodded. Alex picked up Zoey in bridal style and carried her to the Ferris wheel and they sat in.

"Why are you doing all of this, Alex?", Zoey asked as turned to face Alex as her smile started to fade away.

"I'm doing it because we can finally be together and have the time we've always wanted.", Alex said and inched closer to Zoey.

"The last time we did this was when we were going to erase everyone's memories, including yours.", Zoey stated getting straight to the point. "Are you doing this because of what that man told us?", she asked.

Alex angled his head to kiss Zoey but she pushed him away.

"Alex....this is not you...", Zoey stated but didn't have enough time to breathe until Alex placed his lips on hers.

Zoey pulled away again.

"Are you telling me goodbye...?", Zoey asked him.

Alex stayed silent for a moment and fireworks started to go off. Zoey looked at it and saw the writing that the fireworks spelled out. 'I will love you forever and always. A day and a thousand years more Zoey!'

"Alex...you...", Zoey's lips were sealed again by another kiss but she pushed him away harder.

"What are you doing Alex!", Zoey exclaimed.

"I'm trying to kiss you while we are still up here.", Alex huffed out in annoyance and ran a hand through his hair. "I'll explain when we go down, but for now...can we just spend some time together?", Alex asked.

Zoey nodded.

.

.

.

After having a good time, Zoey and Alex decided to go home. Just before Zoey could walk away, Alex grabbed hold of her wrist and pulled her towards him, making Zoey bump into his torso. Zoey tilted her head in confusion and scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.