Chapter 73

The middle-aged man just exited the club, left his girls that he had wrapped his hands around, and saw someone sitting on the hood of his old Mercedes Benz.

"Hey, what are you doing here?", the man asked wearily after he swallowed his spit.

"No. Nothing that you could fix, but....I would like to have your eyeball.", the person stated as they dragged a shuriken across the car doors.

The man started to walk backward slowly and then started to run away from the person. He ran back into the club and tried to scream for help but no one was paying attention to him. The person walked into the club slowly and followed after him, all the man could see was that they had their mask up.

The masked man threw a shuriken at the lights and everything went off. The man panicked and pushed the person immediately causing them to fall and he ran back into his car. He drove on the highway and decided to re-adjust his rearview mirror to check if he was safe, unfortunately, the masked person was following him, they drove on the motorcycle and decided to speed up to match the man's speed.

The middle-aged man swerved his car to the next lane and pressed his foot down the pedal harder, people started to hooter behind him but he couldn't care less. There was an intersection coming up and he saw that he lost the person that was coming after him, he pressed his foot down on the brakes but nothing happened. He screamed out in fear as his car crashed at the junction and somersaulted in mid-air, falling down. He didn't have his seat belt on, and as soon as the car came to its rest, his body weight caused the windshield to shatter, causing him to fall against a tree outside the car.

The middle-aged man couldn't move, he knew it. He was paralyzed. He prayed in hopes that the person wouldn't find him but just then he heard the motorcycle driving down the hill to his location. The person stopped the motorcycle right next to the man, they pulled off the mask and her loose hair was now open but her mask was still on, all that could be seen were her eyes.

"Much better, don't you think?", Zoey stated as she asked the man with a crazed smile on her face and switched off her bike.

"You look perfect.", Alex walked up behind her as she got off the motorcycle.

"Why are you here? I told you I could handle this myself, didn't I?", Zoey grumbled.

"Says the person who couldn't even kill me.", Alex stated sarcastically as he rolled his eyes.

Zoey huffed out in annoyance, realizing it was no use fighting with him.

"We need to be quick, this idiot made quite a big scene so the cops could be here any second.", Zoey stated as she left her helmet on the motorcycle and walked to the man laying on the floor.

"Not really, with the traffic flow, it would take the police about...five minutes max. before reaching here.", Alex stated as he looked at his Rolex watch.

"Wow, thanks Mr. Genius, you've really saved me a lot of time!", Zoey stated sarcastically as she bent down to the man's level.

"Anything for my princess.", Alex flirted and winked at Zoey who rolled her eyes after that.

"Hey, can you talk?", Zoey asked as she mocked the man using her hands. "Oh! I forgot, you can't nod!", Zoey exclaimed.

"I....please...just let me go....I have never done anything wrong in my life. I-I got a wife and kids waiting at home for me...", the man stuttered as he began to cry. Alex and Zoey looked at each other before cringing.

"First of all, the last man who told me that ended up dead. In an alley. Second, if you have a wife and kids, why cheat? Are all men like you this disgusting?", Zoey remarked as she gave him a disgusted look.

"Please, I promise to do whatever you want! I won't cheat again too!", the man pleaded.

"Enough with the bullshit. You know who we are and who I am, especially at the club. You're Sabrina's uncle, so tell me...What is Edward planning?", Zoey asked as she brought her kusarigama in between his collarbone and started to cut him lightly, causing him to bleed.

Alex leaned against Zoey's motorcycle and huffed out.

"You either tell her now or tell her when you're going to plead her for mercy to spare your life, but it would be too late to do so.", Alex stated.

"What are you still doing here Alex?", Zoey seeth through her teeth.

"Making your job easier for you so you won't get caught by anyone like how you did with me in the past.", Alex said.

"Fine...", Zoey groaned. "Now....will you talk?', she asked the man.

"I-I don't know or even understand what you are talking about.", the man stated, causing Zoey to throw an annoyed look at Alex and he nodded.

Zoey's eyes started to glow dark red and the man's eyes widened.

"What is Edward trying to do and what is he planning?", Zoey questioned the man.

"Edward is planning to release a statement to the press about Alexander Griffin being a vampire and that you are his accomplice for kidnapping people for him to drink their blood. Edward already got proof on everything.", the man stated in one breath as he was hypnotized by Zoey.

Zoey's eyes widened and her nostrils started to flare up.

"Zoey, calm down. It can't be so bad.", Alex stated as he could see how upset Zoey was.

"When is he planning to do this?", Zoey asked as she used her powers on the man again.

"If Jazz fails in succeeding as Alexander's wife.", the man said.

Zoey started to pace around and got angry. She punched the car and it flew back and hit the wall behind it with great force.

"Zoey. Calm down. Right now.", Alex demanded sternly.

"How do you expect me to calm down when everything is repeating again? We are just going around in circles!", Zoey shouted at Alex.

Just then, Zoey pulled out her kusarigama by its chain and hit it against the man, causing him to die as the knife got stuck in his chest.

"Zoey!", Alex yelled at her.

"I've worked too hard with making everything, and I'm not wasting any more time with it. I'm going to kill Jazz!", Zoey yelled as she wrapped the kusarigama chain and tucked it into her belt.

"What's the fun in killing them so easily? Let's have some fun first, I've got an idea.", Alex stated.

"Oh? And what is that?", Zoey asked.

"I'll tell you when we get home, but for now, we've run out of time."