Chapter 72

Alex made Zoey take a seat as he cooked for her and she watched. Alex tried to fry eggs but the egg fell on his clothes. Zoey chuckled.

"What are you laughing about?", Alex pouted.

"Let me do the breakfast, you're making a mess here.", Zoey stated as she got up from her seat and to the kitchen island.

She cracked the eggs and put them o the frying pan with no struggle and Alex tilted his head as he gazed at her intensely.

"What?", Zoey asked as she started to laugh in confusion.

"If I'd tell you, you'd feel more uncomfortable than you already are.", Alex said. "Why don't you go and freshen up, I'll take care of the eggs.", Alex changed the subject quickly.

"Okay, but I'm a bit worried about the eggs, are you sure you won't burn them?", Zoey questioned with a skeptical look on her face.

"Trust me, they're safe with papa.", Alex laughed as he winked at Zoey.

Zoey opened her clothes and went into the shower, she let the water pour down on her back.

' "Three months ago...we had our first child.", Zoey stated as she burst out in tears. "And...and..."

Alex's eyes widened but he held her tight in his arms and comforted her.

"Shh...It's okay don't worry, you got this, and let's deal with this together. Okay?", he said as he ran his fingers through her hair.'

Her head tilted in confusion.

(Did I have a child....?), Zoey thought to herself as her hand ran over her stomach in confusion.

.

.

.

"So what questions do you need to be answered?", Alex questioned as he put his fork and knife down.

Alex sat at the head of the table and Zoey sat next to Alex on the right-hand side. Zoey swallowed her spit and thought carefully about what she wanted to ask and how she was going to ask him.

"First, how did we meet? Second, did we have a child? Third, were we really in love...? And finally...what am I?", Zoey asked all in one breath.

"First, I got attracted to your scent while I was searching for the right blood wine, which was actually Queen Mary's blood, but I didn't know at that time that you had it all along. I got you to stay here because we signed a contract, that you would be staying here."

"That's a bit dumb, don't you think?", Zoey laughed.

"Thinking about it now....it was quite stupid and embarrassing.", Alex burst out in laughter. "Second....We did....but you had a miscarriage when you had to run away.", Alex stated as he used a napkin to wipe the corners of his mouth.

"Oh...", Zoey's voice trailed off.

"Are you okay?", Alex asked as he placed his hand over Zoey's and massaged it gently.

Zoey nodded.

"Do you still want me to continue? If you can't make it, I'll stop.", Alex stated.

"No, I want to hear everything.", Zoey stated.

Alex nodded before continuing.

"Third, Even though we spent so much time together, I never told you that I slowly fell for you. I was able to read all of your thoughts, but I never told you. There are so much of things I regret that I didn't tell you. But from what I know, you were in love with me as much as I still love you.", Alex said.