Chapter 55

Zoey's Pov

I walked out of the office in confusion. The way Damien looked at me...he clearly remembered, but how? It doesn't make sense at all. I decided to go to the restroom, I leaned against the sink and looked at my reflection, clearly, the shock was seen on my face, I just hope that Alex didn't catch me. I opened the tap and sprinkled some water on my face, then I used a handtowel to wipe it off, luckily, the makeup didn't smudge.

I need to figure out what the hell is going on. Before I could leave the restroom, I heard the door opening and it is locked by someone. I turned my head to see it was Damien. I waited for him to talk first, in case he might not remember me.

"Don't worry, Zoey. I remember you.", he stated.

"Thank goodness...", I said as I sighed in relief.

I ran to him and hugged him tightly. He seemed hesitant at first, but he hugged me back.

"How have you been? How do you remember? I don't understand what I did anymore, it's all getting confusing.", I said all in one breath, frantically.

"Calm down, I'll explain everything to you in due time. But right now, I need to tell you what you need to know and what you have to do right now.", Damien stated.

I nodded.

"You have to seduce him quickly.", he said which made me confused.

"What the...how?", I asked in confusion as my eyebrows furrowed.

"Throw yourself at him subtly, and for once, lose the old grandma look.", Damien stated as he shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose.

I smacked the back of his head.

"I brought some clothes for you to change into."

"Okay...", I said as I groaned in annoyance. "This better be good clothes-"

My eyes widened in shock as he picked up a beautiful outfit with a plain white shirt and a body-fitting skirt to compliment the look.

"He's going to think it's weird that I changed clothes all of a sudden.", I stated.

"He won't."

"How so?", I asked.

Just then, he threw a coffee on my clothes. I gasped in horror, anger, and shock.

"What the hell, Damien!", I yelled at him.

"Just keep quiet and go change.", he said as he shoved me into one of the stalls and threw the bag of clothes at me.

I finished changing and I walked out.

"Better?", I asked sarcastically.

His eyes widened as if he was hiding something. It was the same look he gave me before he left Alexa.

"Hey...is everything okay?", I asked softly which snapped him out of his trance-like state.

"Yeah, I'm just missing Alexa...", he said, his voice barely sounding audible. "You have a party that you will have to attend with Alex.", he said, clearing his throat. "I got a dress prepared for you."

I nodded and left, while Damien disappeared.

I continued with work like normal, but I realized that I was getting too many stares. Was it because of the clothes? I don't get it. Just then, the intercom buzzed, which was Alex who buzzed it. I got up and knocked on his door gently.

"Come in.", his sexy voice answered.

This was it, my time to shine, I just hope that I don't make a fool of myself.

"How can I help you?", I said as I tried to make my voice as sweet as possible, I internally cringed at the embarrassment I was going through and bit on my lower lip.

Oh my god, oh my god...oh my god.....I feel so stupid right now! I just want to dig a grave for myself right now, I thought to myself.

I decided to try and look at him, I saw amusement in his eyes, which made me more embarrassed. Just then, he walked up to me.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you.", Alex said.

"Do what?", I asked as my eyes widened.

He gave a deep and heavy chuckle which sent shivers down my spine. Am I scared? What is going on... What is he even talking about?

Alex walked one step forward, which made me take one step back, involuntary. It continued until my back hit the opened door, but he slammed it shut which made me flinch.

"Don't bite on your lips. Ever again.", he whispered into my ear as his thumb traced over my lip.

Alex pulled away and his gaze flickered from my eyes to my lips. Does he remember me? Does he still love me? Is my husband in there? So many questions ran through my mind.

He tilted his face to one side as he inched closer to my lips. I swallowed my spit and closed my eyes gently. Who cares if he doesn't remember me, it's okay, maybe we could make new memories again. I opened my eyes slowly to see that he was smirking at me. My face started to burn because I made such a fool of myself, I could feel tears forming.

"I- I'll get going sir...", I said softly as I turned to open the door.

As soon as my hand reached for the doorknob, he turned me around and crashed his lips against mine and he slowly locked the door. I shut my eyes tightly and my hands clenched his coat tightly, wanting more of his kisses, and so he gave more. Alex then wrapped his arm around my waist, while the other settled on the back of my neck. He then held my hands that were clenching to my shirt and he pulled it away as he broke the kiss.

Did he not like it? I'm so stupid....

"Stop.", was all he said in his deep voice.

"W-what...?", I asked.

"I can hear your thoughts. You're making me confused Zoe...", he said as he leaned his head against mine. "I'm not the right man for you...and whatever I did to you back then... I apologize. But...this is not me and this will never be me.", he stated as he took a couple of steps back and ran his hand through his hair.

I stood like a statue.

"Just...leave.", Alex said as he turned his back on me.

Now he broke me. I could feel tears falling from my cheeks.

"Understood, Mr. Griffin.", I said, trying to hide the crack in my voice and wiping away my tears quickly.

I opened the door and slammed it shut. He's just thinking of me as a toy...was he also doing this to me in the past? Why...what is all of this. He told me.....to fight hard for our love but now... He's just breaking me into pieces.

As I walked, someone bumped into me harshly.

"Watch where you're going!", I heard a high-pitched voice.

My eyes widened in shock to see who it was, Sabrina.