Chapter 12 - 『Gege's Protection Squad』

Start from the beginning

He could feel how the man's eyes in front of him squint before drinking his own wine.

Seeing as the jar was left empty, Cale looks at the referee with a stoic face before handing the jar.

"I'm done." Cale says with a red face.

He could hear how the host let out an awed exclaim at how fast he is.

"How many fingers am I holding up, dear sir?" The referee in their table says, holding out eight fingers from both of his hands.

"Eight." Cale says plainly before looking at the man in front of him who slammed the jar on the table with a flushed face.

"Wei Xianghuan had passed this round!"

"Wei Wuxian had passed this round!"

"Wen Chao had passed this round!"

"Nie Mingjue jad passed this round!"

"Jin Zixuan had passed this round!"

"Wen Qing had passed this round!"

Cale smiles teasingly to the man in front of him who was starting to space out.

"Jin-gongzi, congratulations on passing through."

Jin Zixuan just scoffed before standing up and started walking away.

Just then, the man who was holding a fan inched closer to the redhead as he starts talking to him, "You're the famous genius of Yunmeng Jiang I suppose? It is an honor to meet you, Wei-gongzi."

Cale just hums, twirling his cup filled with water before drinking it.

"It is also an honor to meet you, Young Master. Nie Huaisang, I suppose is your name?"

Nie Huaisang just opens his fan and covers the lower half of his face, "Oh? What gave it away, gongzi?"

"Your fan, and the way you look like you're scared to talk with me earlier."

Huaisang just laughs before Cale looks at the timid boy who was starting to doze off.

"Careful now." Cale says as he held the boy's head who was about to slam his head on the table.

"O-oh...thank you...pretty...gege...hmmm...."

Cale just blinks, his face becoming more red as he looks at the drunk boy in confusion.

"A-Ning, you're already this drunk?"

The redhead looks at the woman who resembles the drunk man Cale was touching.

"Oh! You're the famous Wei Xianghuan. Nice to meet you."

Though Cale doesn't know how on earth did he became famous, he just simply returned the greeting.

"It is also nice to meet you."

The Qishan Wen Clan. It seems that some of the people within are not as bad as they are rumored to be, but Cale knew it was too early to judge so hell just shit up about it.

"Gege, they're calling us for the next round." Wei Ying who discreetly went behind the redhead and held his shoulders, looked at Wen Qing who was helping Wen Ning get out of his seat.

"Then, see you again if we ever meet again."

"Yes yes. See you later, gongzi."

As Cale walks away with Wei Ying beside him, he could feel how the younger's grip tighten around his arms as he glares at a Wen from afar.

"Is there a problem?" He asked in a stoic manner, but his reddish-brown eyes were filled with worry.

"No...just...stay away as much as possible...to the Wens."