Maybe you're the problem

Smelling the aroma of pancakes, I jumped right out of bed to check who was cooking pancakes. "Well good morning to you." My auntie says with a big smile. "I knew I wasn't trippin." I laughed. "I thought maybe a nice breakfast will start the day before I start to pack." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Work." She sighs. "Rue will look after you and Gia." She said making our plates.

"How long are you gonna be out." I asked. "For a while, maybe a month or two." "It'll be okay anyway." She try's to comfort me. "Oh, hey good morning." Rue waves. "Rue before you head out come eat breakfast please." Rue sighs and takes a seat next to me. "Where's your sister." "In the bathroom taking her sweet ass time." "Rue watch your mouth." My auntie calls out.

Eating my breakfast I feel my phone buzz. Looking at who it was from it was from Draco.

Instagram

Nbadraco_. : how u feeling?

Me: I'm good thanks

Nbadraco_. : you free today?

Me: I'm actually busy today.

Nbadraco_. : oh Ight nvm then

Putting down my phone. I sighed. I lied to him, I didn't want anything to do with him after everything that happened yesterday. I headed to the bathroom to get ready.

Looking in the pantry, I was craving some mac and cheese. Heading to the corner store I went to find Mac and cheese, walking up to the register i look up to see Ash. "How you feeling." I smiled slightly. "I'm fine." "Look, about yesterday it was our fault. I promise you won't get involved into something like that ever again." I nodded.

As I was about to leave the store I see Draco coming in. "I knew I'll see you here." He said walking up to me. "You tryna avoid me." He furrowed his eyebrows. "I like you Miya, I really do." He said out loud causing Ash to walk up to us. "You like her?" Ash asks with jealousy all written over his face. "Yeah, for a while. That's why I asked if you were free today. I wanna take you out on a date." I was shocked to even know he likes me.

"You're joking right." I laughed. "Nah I'm serious. Let me take you out for real." I looked over to see Ash filled with anger. "No." Ash says causing Draco to be confused. "What's the problem." "You can't take her out man. I don't want her in any of that gang shit." "Why does that matter, of course ima keep my girl safe." I raised both my eyebrows.

"Your girl? Since when." "Just come on." Draco yanks my arm, ashtray notices and punches him causing Draco to step back. "Yo bruh what the fuck." He touches his nose, seeing blood drip down slowly I gasped. "Don't ever step foot in my store ever again." Draco storms out the store. Looking at the blood that had splatter onto the floor I swallowed hard.

"You can't just do things like that Ashtray." I furrowed my eyebrows in disbelief. "I did it to protect you." I laughed a bit. "To protect me? I don't need you nor anyone to control my life." I scoffed. "Maybe you're the problem." I said looking into both his eyes.